The Chablis Saint Martin is a blending of the most beautiful plots of the domaine’s within the appellation. The terroir of Chablis located on the Kimmeridgian soil has both excellent acidity and remarkable finesse. Thanks to a long aging on fine lees, Chablis Saint Martin offers the typical minerality.
Grape Source: 100% Chardonnay
Viticulture: One man, one plot: There are more than 30 people who are dedicated to caring for the 90-plus hectares (222.39 acres) of Domaine Laroche vineyards, with each person responsible for only one plot. This tailor-made approach allows them to manage the vineyards with precision, speed and accuracy.
Density: 6,600 vines per hectare (2,670 vines per acre); 10,000 vines per hectare (4,047 vines per acre) for younger vines; massal selection from Laroche old vines for the new plantings.
Whole bunches are collected in a pneumatic press, then 12 hours settling at 12 to 15°C in specially designed wide tanks to accelerate the natural settling process and produce very clear juice. 15 days of fermentation at 16°C in stainless steel tanks. Malolactic fermentation and aging for 6 months on fine lees in 85% steel tanks and 15% in “foudres” – large oak casks of 55hl of 30 years old.
Filtration: Minimal filtration is used to preserve and maximize the natural character of the wine.
Varietal Composition: 100% Chardonnay
Pale yellow and brilliant. The nose opens on notes of chalk, white flowers and ripe white fruits. Minerality on the palate with a long and saline finish. Perfect as an aperitif or to pair with seafood, prawns or fish.
Vineyards: Like all white Burgundy, only Chardonnay grapes are grown in Chablis. The region is at the northernmost section of Burgundy, separated from the Côte d'Or by the hills of the Morvan and closer in latitude to Champagne than to the rest of Burgundy. Chablis' grand cru and premier cru Chardonnay vineyards are planted primarily on the region's unique Kimmeridgian soil -- a mixture of clay, chalk and fossilized oyster shells -- renowned for producing crisp, minerally, precise and elegant wines that have become prized throughout the world.
Domaine Laroche owns a total of nearly 100 hectares (247.11 acres) spread out across the entire region, including 6 hectares (14.83 acres) of grands crus, 29.66 hectares (73.29 acres) of premiers crus, 63.02 hectares (155.72 acres) of Chablis, plus 2.25 hectares (5.56 acres) of Petit Chablis.
Michel Laroche passionately believes that the best wine can only be made using the finest grapes. His approach to viticulture is to create optimal conditions to achieve top-quality fruit -- purity and typicity being the heart of the Domaine Laroche philosophy. Grégory Viennois, technical director of all Laroche estates, along with his team, shares this view, working in tune with nature, encouraging low yields and natural ecology in order to produce fruit that is true to its vineyard origins. Domaine Laroche relies on one-man plots, meaning that one person is wholly responsible for the care of a single vineyard parcel, from the pruning, soil conditioning and control of yields to the sorting of the harvest. Domaine Laroche is currently undergoing active conversion to organic viticulture.
Winemaking: The gentlest-possible methods are used in the winery to protect the fruit's natural characters and maintain the purest expressions of each vineyard plot. Fermentation is usually carried out in stainless-steel tanks, except for the premiers and grands crus, which are partly fermented in barrels in order to impart delicate oak flavor and additional oxygen. As part of Michel Laroche's goal to retain purity and minerality in the finished wines, he was the first Burgundian producer, in 2001, to switch to screwcap closures, even for his grand cru wines.
- 2021 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2020 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.