Home » Wine » White Wine » New York White » Dr. Frank Chardonnay 2014
Dr. Frank Chardonnay 2014 Sample Image Only
Dr. Frank Chardonnay 2014
"About 30% of the juice was fermented in European oak barrels, undergoing partial malo-lactic fermentation and a 10 month maturation period to add complexity and a richer mouth feel to the fruit characters, minerality, and freshness, while the other 70% was aged in stainless steel tanks. Medium intensity with fruit dominant characters of citrus, creamed honey, machintosh apple, finished with an apricot butter."
Item Sold Out

While this item is not available, here are a few that are!

Size: 750mL (wine)
Closure: Cork
Item ID: #22326
Item Description
"About 30% of the juice was fermented in European oak barrels, undergoing partial malo-lactic fermentation and a 10 month maturation period to add complexity and a richer mouth feel to the fruit characters, minerality, and freshness, while the other 70% was aged in stainless steel tanks. Medium intensity with fruit dominant characters of citrus, creamed honey, machintosh apple, finished with an apricot butter."
About Dr. Konstantin Frank
The Legacy of Dr. Konstantin Frank

Dr. Konstantin Frank ignited the "Vinifera Revolution" a movement that forever changed the course of wine growing in the Finger Lakes and the United States. Dr. Frank's vision, knowledge and determination are credited with elevating the New York wine industry from a state of happy mediocrity to a level that today commands world attention.

A European immigrant, Dr. Frank and his family arrived in the United States in 1951. After a brief stay in New York City, Dr. Frank, a professor of plant sciences who held a Ph.D. in viticulture, moved upstate to take a position at Cornell University's Geneva Experiment Station.

Dr. Frank believed from his years in the Ukraine that the lack of proper rootstock, not the cold climate, was the reason for the failure of Vitis Vinifera vines in the Finger Lakes region. He continued to promote his beliefs and to seek a sympathetic ear, which he found in Charles Fournier, a French champagne maker and president of nearby Gold Seal Vineyards. Communicating in French, Dr. Frank revealed his research for growing the delicate European vinifera grape varieties in cold climates. For the first time the Northeastern United States could produce European varieties of wines.

In 1962, merely a decade after arriving in America, Dr. Frank founded Vinifera Wine Cellars. The winery quickly earned a reputation for spectacular Rieslings and its original planting of vines formed the backbone of New York's world-class wines and champagnes.
Dr. Konstantin Frank
No questions posted yet about this item.
Be the first to reivew this item!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive early discount offers, latest news, sales and promo information!