Leading off the Pinot Noirs, the 2016 Pinot Noir Wester Reach is one of the releases that only goes out to distribution and isn’t offered on the mailing list. It’s a textbook wine from this estate and is ideal for readers looking to understand the style of this estate. Wild strawberry, violets, and forest floor aromas and flavors, medium body, light tannin, and a charming, layered, balanced style all make for a brilliant ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
- view all
Leading off the Pinot Noirs, the 2016 Pinot Noir Wester Reach is one of the releases that only goes out to distribution and isn’t offered on the mailing list. It’s a textbook wine from this estate and is ideal for readers looking to understand the style of this estate. Wild strawberry, violets, and forest floor aromas and flavors, medium body, light tannin, and a charming, layered, balanced style all make for a brilliant Russian River Pinot Noir to drink over the coming 4-5 years.
This debut of “Wester Reach” Pinot Noir comprises some of the most famous sites in Russian River Valley, vineyards that we have planted, farmed and harvested over the past twenty years. By selecting fruit from a spectrum of vineyards – from the interior plains of the Russian River Valley stretching west to our more coastal sites – we created a wine that is complete, complex and finely detailed. We build this blend in the vineyard, understanding how each site contributes signature fruit character, be it the richness and breadth of our valley floor parcels, the taut precision and structure of our ridgeline parcels, or the focus and intensity of our coastal parcels.
From the Laguna Ridge district, the iconic Ritchie Vineyard provides succulent dark fruit and broad texture. On the deeper clay soils of the Santa Rosa Plains, the Occidental Road vineyard contributes density, fruit extract and weight. At a higher elevation, on a ridgetop overlooking the Green Valley, our Dutton-Upp Road site offers soaring red and black fruit aromatics and hillside structure while the Widdoes Vineyard brings cherry fruit intensity and an underbrush complexity. Further westward, our high-density DuMOL Estate unites this complex range with dark fruit intensity, herbal freshness and earthy intricacy.
Complex, layered aromas – red cherry, black pepper, hibiscus and orange peel – are wonderfully bright and fresh while cranberry and pomegranate, wild thyme and underbrush lend fine detail. The broad fruit entry possesses great lift – juicy and vibrant, then immediately deep and layered. The mid-palate is succulent and round with cherry liqueur and rhubarb flavors which extend on fresh acidity through the long, black peppercorn-infused finish. Drink between 2018 and 2026.
Vineyard and Winemaking Details
Appellation: Russian River Valley
Vineyards: Ritchie, Occidental Road, Dutton-Upp Road, Widdoes, and DuMOL Estate
Clones: Calera, Massale, Swan, 943, Martini, Pommard and Dijon
Vine Age: 9 - 32 years
Harvest Dates: August 23rd through September 12th
Barrel Aging: Barrel fermented and aged 12 months in 40% new French oak followed by three months settling in tank.
Production: 3,250 cases of 750ml
- 2020 — 750mL (wine) (available to order)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.