"It's always interesting to compare different vintages of the same wine, in this case the 2019 Malbec with the following two years. It has 8% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot in the blend and only 13.5% alcohol while retaining very good acidity. The grapes were sourced from Gualtallary and were co-fermented. This is varietal with an herbal twist, serious, subtle and mineral with austerity and elegance, reflecting a very balanced and good ... read more
"It's always interesting to compare different vintages of the same wine, in this case the 2019 Malbec with the following two years. It has 8% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot in the blend and only 13.5% alcohol while retaining very good acidity. The grapes were sourced from Gualtallary and were co-fermented. This is varietal with an herbal twist, serious, subtle and mineral with austerity and elegance, reflecting a very balanced and good year. It's medium-bodied, nicely textured and has a chalky texture from the limestone soils. 35,000 bottles produced. It was bottled in July 2020 after 15 months in ancient oak foudres. Superb!"
Vinous Media 93
"The 2019 Malbec contains 8% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot, all from the Uco Valley, and was aged for 15 months in foudres. Purple in color. The complex nose presents fresh plum with hints of sour cherry, herbs and aromas from the aging process. In the mouth, it's a little chalky with mild freshness and refined tannins. A relaxed, delicate, rewarding wine."
El Enemigo is produced at Piedemonte al Sur, located in southern foothills of Maipu, Mendoza. The facility is named for the unique aspect of Mendoza's high-altitude winemaking region nestled in the foothills of the Andes Mountains.
Alejandro Vigil is a soil expert, a winemaker and an animal lover. He is the Chief Winemaker at Bodega Catena Zapata and the former head of the soil division at Argentina's Wine Institute. Among his many pets, he keeps a cow to produce milk for donation to the local school children.
Adrianna Catena is the daughter of Nicolás Catena. She is a graduate student in Early Modern Spanish history at the University of Oxford, UK. Her dream is to continue the family legacy of winemaking, while pursuing a passion for history and writing from a cottage surrounded by vineyards in the Argentine Andes.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.