OFF Sample Image Only
"As with other wines, I also tasted the 2018 Espectacle del Montsant next to the 2017 to catch up, as I last tasted the region some 16 months ago. 2018 was a cooler year of slow ripeness, and the grapes achieved an amazing 16% alcohol. The wine is truly spectacular, true to its name. It has tons of violet notes and aromatic herbs, the palate is gentler, and the tannins are rounder, polished ... read more
"As with other wines, I also tasted the 2018 Espectacle del Montsant next to the 2017 to catch up, as I last tasted the region some 16 months ago. 2018 was a cooler year of slow ripeness, and the grapes achieved an amazing 16% alcohol. The wine is truly spectacular, true to its name. It has tons of violet notes and aromatic herbs, the palate is gentler, and the tannins are rounder, polished and elegant. It has full body but isn't heavy. There is a lot of complexity, and the wine developed slowly in the glass, showing nuances of cereals, kirsch, orange peel and lots of spices and herbs. It's opulent and full, deep and complex. Amazing in its style. Some 6,500 bottles produced."
ITS RED COLOUR, SOMEWHAT MORE INTENSE THAN IN PREVIOUS VINTAGES, STILL PRESENTS THE BLUISH HUES OF ITS CURRENT YOUTH
INITIALLY IT SURROUNDS US WITH NOTES OF BLACKBERRIES AND VERY RIPE PLUMS ALL SURROUNDED BY A BACKGROUND OF FIG BREAD. A SPICY ENVIRONMENT APPEARS LATER TO SHOW THE FLORAL REMINISCENCES OF ROSES AND ORANGE BLOSSOM SO CHARACTERISTIC OF THIS UNIQUE WINE.
THE PALATE IS MORE INTENSE THAN IN PREVIOUS VINTAGES. ITS TANNIN CARESSES THE PALATE AND COVERS IT WITH FRUITINESS. ITS AROMATIC RICHNESS APPEARS IMMEDIATELY AND INCREASES AFTER ITS PASSAGE THROUGH THE MOUTH LEAVING US A VERY LONG MEMORY
The project is jointly owned by Rn and Isabelle Barbier, Fernando and Marta Zamora (Oenologists and teachers at University of Taragona), and Charlotte and Christopher Cannan. Espectacle is a tiny production of old vines Garnacha made by Rene Barbier, Sr. The 100 year old Garnacha vines come from a dramatic and steep vineyard. Rene refers to this vineyard as the
LErmita of Monsant.
In its short history, from the presentation of its first vintage in 2004, Espectacle has achieved great acceptance among sommeliers , journalists, and professionals in the world of wine, and is currently present in the major restaurants and specialist shops around the world.
Moreover, Espectacle has received some of the most important acknowledgements in the world of wine, such as the 99 points in The Wine Advocate magazine from the prestigious critic Robert Parker for the 2004 vintage or the Sibaritas award of 2008 when Jos Pein described the 2005 vintage as A wine to go down in history.
(Oenologists and teachers at University of Taragona), and Charlotte and
Christopher Cannan. Espectacle is a tiny production of old vines
Garnacha made by Rene Barbier, Sr. The 100 year old Garnacha vines come
from a dramatic and steep vineyard. Rene refers to this vineyard as the
"L'Ermita of Monsant."
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2008 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.