"A more brooding and dark profile emerges in the 2021 Pinot Noir Occidental Ridge, revealing notes of black cherry, resinous pine sap, and freshly toasted sage. Full-bodied, with ripe tannins, blackberry, violets, and crushed gravelly earth. It has more warmth and a grounding nature, but it’s not weighted down. It displays superb balance between power and finesse and will benefit from another year or so in the cellar. Drink it over the next ... read more
"A more brooding and dark profile emerges in the 2021 Pinot Noir Occidental Ridge, revealing notes of black cherry, resinous pine sap, and freshly toasted sage. Full-bodied, with ripe tannins, blackberry, violets, and crushed gravelly earth. It has more warmth and a grounding nature, but it’s not weighted down. It displays superb balance between power and finesse and will benefit from another year or so in the cellar. Drink it over the next 15 or more years."
Vinous Media 96
"The 2021 Pinot Noir Occidental Ridge Vineyard is classy and elegant. Silky tannins and sweet, floral top notes convey palpable finesse. Medium in body and yet packed with flavor, the Occidental Ridge is once again one of the best and most complete wines in the range. Dark red-toned fruit, blood orange, cinnamon and cedar are some of the many notes that emerge in the glass. Clean mineral notes wrap it all up in style. - By Antonio Galloni on June 2023"
100% Pinot Noir
115, 667, 777 clones
Occidental Ridge Vineyard (Sonoma Coast AVA)
Established in 1999 and farmed by Richard Radcliffe
800 ft. elevation
All native yeast fermentation
50% whole cluster
Aged 11 months on lees in 20% new French oak
598 cases produced
After cutting his winemaking teeth assisting a consultant in Frances Rhone Valley during the difficult 1992 and 1993 vintages, Ehren Jordan went on to make powerful Petite Sirahs and Zinfandels for Turley Wine Cellars. The lessons he learned in France about maximizing ripeness in challenging conditions now serve Jordan at the 85-acre property on the Sonoma Coast, about 2.5 miles from the Pacific Ocean. In 1998 Ehren planted another parcel contiguous to their first, and in 2002 planted it with five acres of rootstock before grafting six selections of long-coveted Pinot Noir scion material the following year. Ehrens commitment to the highest standards of viticultural practice, coupled with his education in France and throughout California, is expressed every bottle of Failla Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
Farming Practice:Practicing Organic
Farming Practice:Practicing Organic
- 2021 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2012 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2011 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2010 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.