Packaged with its dark blue label, the 2018 Brunello di Montalcino displays a very specific character that I always recognize in this wine. The house style is a callout to local winemaking tradition in which there is a slightly wild side to the cherry fruit and forest floor aromas. The oak spice is smoothly integrated into the medium-weight texture, and there is earthy spice and root at the back. The wine closes with ... read more
Other available options
Packaged with its dark blue label, the 2018 Brunello di Montalcino displays a very specific character that I always recognize in this wine. The house style is a callout to local winemaking tradition in which there is a slightly wild side to the cherry fruit and forest floor aromas. The oak spice is smoothly integrated into the medium-weight texture, and there is earthy spice and root at the back. The wine closes with freshness, bitter plum and rusty metal.
Wine Spectator 93
Though vibrant and packed with intense raspberry, cherry, hibiscus and earth flavors, this red is also solidly built, with dense tannins leaving a strong grip on the long, crisp finish. This has plenty to like; just be patient.
Aromas of red berries, rosehip, elderflower, eucalyptus, scents of mint and mediterranean herbs. On the palate, prolonged tannins and well integrated. Good persistence. Perfect pairing with roasted or grilled red meats, game, venison, stewed wild boar. Excellent with mature cheeses. ~winery notes
This red wine is produced since 1892 and was awarded many times for its quality. This wine is the “heart” of our production and it is made with 100% Sangiovese grapes from our best vineyards in Montalcino. Fattoria dei Barbi is located in the heart of the “hill” of Montalcino. The wine Brunello di Montalcino is born here.We occupy the southern part, with soils that mix a majority of marleswith a minor percentage of clay and eocenic sands. We are protected from the northern winds by the hill of Montalcino and from the hot winds by the Mount Amiata. This situation creates an uniform climate, sunny and dry, which favours the production of long ageing wines.
Vineyards Property of Fattoria dei Barbi, located in the district of Montalcino and registered for Brunello di Montalcino production. Soil: marl, alberese limestone. Altitude: 300-500 mt slm. Average Age: grape vines planted between 1975 and 2017.
Along with the Biondi-Santi family, the Colombini family helped build the reputation of Brunello di Montalcino as a wine of great quality and prestige worldwide. Fattoria dei Barbi is among the original producers of Brunello di Montalcino with bottles dating back to the 1892 vintage in its cellar. The estate, whose name is derived from "Barbo", a reference to the seashell fossils found throughout the vineyards, received top awards at exhibitions all over Europe since the first vintages and was the first to export Brunello to the USA (1962), followed by the UK (1972) and Japan (early 1980s). The Barbi "Blue Label", created in 1958, is today one of the most widely recognized Brunello bottlings in the world and the first Brunello to be imported in the USA.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.