In comparison to our other Cabernet Franc lieux-dits, Willow is a bit more nimble and sultry on the palate in the way it tickles the senses, moving in a calm and calculated manner.
Willow rests in the heart of 250 acres of grapes planted by five generations of the Wagner family. Along with the fascinating natural history of the Finger Lakes, we must not forget about the people that have brought this region to life, cultivating a community indebted to the hard work of these pioneers.
Willow is among three distinct sites farmed by John Wagner that we work with consistently: Willow, Railroad, and Wagner Caywood East. John is a fourth generation grape-grower, and it was his father, Bill Wagner who was among the first wave of farmers to construct a winery when the Farm Winery Act of 1976 was passed. In the middle of an old horse pasture,
he dug a subterranean wine cellar and expanded his varietally diverse vineyards.
Without the ingenuity of native multi-generational farmers like the Wagners, we could not paint such a vivid narrative of Seneca Lake. Many of the stories shared throughout the region (and many that we share with you) are passed on from generations of families who helped give this land voice and care for it as kin.
We strive to grow grapes and handcraft wines of interest and value that perfectly balance minerality, aromatics and fruit to reflect our exceptional Finger Lakes terroir. Each vintage is viewed as an opportunity to express our region - to reflect its soils, its cool climate and its hillside lake terroirs.
Our choices in the cellar guard the purity of our vineyards. Simply put, we make wine in the traditional, handcrafted manner. We harvest by hand. We sort by hand. We load the grapes into the press by hand. We shovel the vats out by hand. We employ spontaneous fermentation and ferment in very tiny lots, so that we truly understand the expression of the vineyard each year. We use very low levels of sulphur and don't fine or filter our red wines.
- 2021 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.