The Godon brothers perpetuate a family tradition that dates back to the last century in order to produce quality crop from organically farmed vineyards of the Loire Valley. While the previous generations sold their crop to other producers, the Godon brothers are the first generation to produce wine and to export it. Both brothers are involved in managing the vineyard and winery operations while Franck ... read more
The Godon brothers perpetuate a family tradition that dates back to the last century in order to produce quality crop from organically farmed vineyards of the Loire Valley. While the previous generations sold their crop to other producers, the Godon brothers are the first generation to produce wine and to export it. Both brothers are involved in managing the vineyard and winery operations while Franck is more focused on the winemaking role. They grow all their grapes in a very natural way, and dedicate their time to the vineyard as if it were a garden. The vineyards form a property of 8 acres south of the "montagne" of Sancerre, specifically from the terroirs of St Satur, Chavignol and Menetou Rtel. Two grape varieties are organically farmed here. The Pinot Noir vines are grown in the more limestoney part of the vineyards, while the Sauvignon Blanc vines are grown in the more flint-rich portion. The flint is the stone that gives such a remarkable and expressive character to the aromatic varietal. The goal of the 2 brothers is to reflect a beautiful, intense and true-to-terroir expression of the planted vines, and they certainly succeed with this lineup of wines.-About the Winery
Pale rose in color with fresh aromas of white currant, apricot, and vine peach. Supple and refined on the palate with well-balanced acidity. Pairs well with spicy dishes, grilled meats, and seafood.
Grapes: 100% Pinot Noir
Soil: limestone and clay
Age of Vines: 15 Years Old
Yield: 55 Hl/Ha
Farming practices: organic
Fermentation: slow pressing and cold fermentation in stainless steel
Aging: 5 months in stainless steel tanks Production: 40,000 bottles per year
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.