Empire Wine & Liquor logo Empire Too Groceries logo
Home » Wine » Red Wine » Cabernet Sauvignon » Frei Brothers 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
Frei Brothers 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauvignon 2010Sample Image Only
Frei Brothers 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
" The grapes were destemmed and sent to cone sweep and rotary fermentors, both of which allowed for a more controlled maceration to improve the mouthfeel and flavor extraction. The must fermented at temperatures between 85°F and 92°F to add depth and concentration. Following fermentation, the wines were drained and pressed at dryness with a few lots left for extended maceration to smooth out the tannins and add mouthfeel. The base blend was made in ... read more
Item Sold Out

While this item is not available, here are a few that are!

Size:750mL (wine)
Closure:Cork
Store Item ID:#13366
Item Description
" The grapes were destemmed and sent to cone sweep and rotary fermentors, both of which allowed for a more controlled maceration to improve the mouthfeel and flavor extraction. The must fermented at temperatures between 85°F and 92°F to add depth and concentration. Following fermentation, the wines were drained and pressed at dryness with a few lots left for extended maceration to smooth out the tannins and add mouthfeel. The base blend was made in May of 2011 and put back to barrel to better integrate the flavors. Merlot grapes were blended with the base to add fat, jammy characteristics, as well as a touch of Petite Sirah for darkness and structure. For 30 percent of the finished wine, aging occurred in a combination of new American and French oak, with the remaining 70 percent aging in conditioned one-year-old barrels and neutral oak for balanced fruit and oak character. " ~ Winery notes
About Frei Brothers
Rooted in an unwavering dedication to sustainability, Frei Brothers Reserve wines are a pure expression of the land. Winegrower Jim Collins begins by selecting the growing region that is best suited to a particular varietal to craft a collection of award-winning Sonoma County wines. Founded in 1890 by Swiss immigrant Andrew Frei, Frei Brothers Reserve has been instrumental in establishing Sonoma County's worldwide reputation as a premier winemaking region. Today, Frei Brothers Winery is a certified participant in the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance. For more than 30 years, Frei Brothers has maintained a deep commitment to sustainability, both by preserving natural resources and upholding the quality of its wine – for today and for generations to come.
Frei Brothers
No questions posted yet about this item.
Be the first to reivew this item!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive early discount offers, latest news, sales and promo information!