"Composed of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon opens with an expressive nose of ripe, soft red and black fruitsdark cherry, blackberry and juicy plum skinwith subtle spice tones and floral notes underneath. Medium to full-bodied on the palate, the wine turns slightly tart, with a balanced structure and buttressing acidity. It ends with a focused, long finish demonstrating precision every step of the way. ... read more
"Composed of 92% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon opens with an expressive nose of ripe, soft red and black fruitsdark cherry, blackberry and juicy plum skinwith subtle spice tones and floral notes underneath. Medium to full-bodied on the palate, the wine turns slightly tart, with a balanced structure and buttressing acidity. It ends with a focused, long finish demonstrating precision every step of the way. It's a well-made wine that I will be putting into my cellar. Only 1,493 cases made."
Jeb Dunnuck 92
"Offering up a Margaux-like perfume of cassis, spring flowers, sandalwood, and cedar pencil, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is medium-bodied, elegant, and seamless on the palate. Its a beautiful, textured wine thats going to evolve gracefully for 10-15 years." ~ JD
Vinous Media 92
"Medium ruby-red. Aromas of blackcurrant, dark raspberry, espresso, bitter chocolate and graphite. Silky and plush but also vinous on entry, then densely packed, seamless and deep in the middle, with savory red and blacker fruit flavors complicated by subtle brown spices and minerals. Conveys excellent inner-mouth peppery lift and vinosity without coming across as green. This wine struck me as quite similar to its 2015 predecessor, suggesting that owner/winemaker Greg Harrington was especially successful in avoiding obvious signs of the very hot 2015 growing season. This savory, classically dry, energetic Cabernet Sauvignon finishes with firm, suave tannins and slowly mounting persistence." ~ AG
Wine Enthusiast 92
"Pleasing aromas of cocoa, thyme, dark coffee, graphite and cherry lead to elegant, lip-smacking flavors that still carry a sense of richness. Refined, subtle tannins back it up. Coffee notes linger on the finish. The balance is spot on, and it brings an unabashed sense of deliciousness." ~ SS
Since he didn't own vineyards of his own, he sought out the best sources he could find to make his wines. He also wanted grapes that weren't overripe so you wouldn't lose the distinctive terroir of Walla Walla. In the cellar he favors minimal handling, stem-inclusion, and light use of new oak, all to preserve the character of the fruit and the vintage.
The resulting wines are restrained, balanced, and complex. They age well but also possess enough fruit to be rewarding when young. Gramercy Cellars was founded in the hope of capturing what first caught Greg's attention: the distinctive voice of Washington wines. With each vintage he further proves that it has been a success.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.