OFF Sample Image Only
Dennis and Judy Groth bought their first vineyards at Oakville in 1981, and today second generation Suzanne Groth is at the helm as president and CEO. Sourced from estate vineyards and partner growers within the Oakville AVA, the 2017 is made up of 86% Cabernet Sauvignon and 14% Merlot, harvested at night and hand-sorted, then fermented at the Oakville winery and aged in French oak barrels for 18 months, 40% new. Michelle Cherutti-Kowal MW: ... read more
Other available options
- 2018 - 750mL
- view all
Dennis and Judy Groth bought their first vineyards at Oakville in 1981, and today second generation Suzanne Groth is at the helm as president and CEO. Sourced from estate vineyards and partner growers within the Oakville AVA, the 2017 is made up of 86% Cabernet Sauvignon and 14% Merlot, harvested at night and hand-sorted, then fermented at the Oakville winery and aged in French oak barrels for 18 months, 40% new. Michelle Cherutti-Kowal MW: Fresh red and black fruit on nose and palate, oak adds some nuances. Tannins firm yet balanced with fresh acidity. James Doidge MW: Fresh, lifted berry aromas, strawberry and blackcurrant flavours with mint, coffee and chocolate. Medium-bodied, fresh acidity, well balanced and refreshingly elegant. Stefan Neumann MS: Concentration with some serious power and drive. Blue and black berry perfume does a lovely job of taking over on the palate and adding complexity and energy to it.
Wine Enthusiast 91
Showing a firm structure and rounded tannins, this impressive wine is balanced by plush red plum and cherry flavors. It is elegant and restrained, with accents of clove and cedar.
Wine Spectator 91
Open and plush in feel, with a pretty, savory frame surrounding gently mulled plum and blackberry notes. Light tobacco and warm stone details chime on the finish. Drink now through 2027.
James Suckling 91
This has a mineral nose with aromas of blackcurrants, dried herbs, graphite and iodine. Its medium-bodied with fine tannins. A little short, but nicely done. Give it time to open. Drink or hold.
"Dark ruby in color, the 2017 Oakville Cabernet opens with aromas of sweet vanilla and allspice, followed by black currants, ripe plums and a savory hint of anise seed. The palate has a smooth entry, building to a big, full mouthfeel with firm tannins a juicy, crisp acidity. Dark fruits flood the mid-palate in waves of blackberry and cassis. The finish is pleasantly dry and slightly spicy."
Michael Weis, winemaker at Groth Vineyards & Winery since 1994, brings more than three decades of experience with Oakville grapes and wines to the job of nurturing the best possible expression of the vineyards.
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (available to order)
- 2017 — 1.5L (bottle) (currently viewing)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 1.5L (bottle) (currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 1.5L (bottle) (currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2012 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2008 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.