"Hecht & Banniers 2007 Minervois leans heavily on Syrah from La Liviniere, along with some Grenache and Carignan. Prior tobottling (and with the blend subject to small final adjustments), it smells of cassis, marjoram, and white pepper. Lush and silkenin texture on the palate, it combines richness with vivacity and freshness of fruit to a remarkable degree, especially for itsappellation. A suggestion of beef juices mingles with juicy black fruits, and the finish ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
"Hecht & Banniers 2007 Minervois leans heavily on Syrah from La Liviniere, along with some Grenache and Carignan. Prior tobottling (and with the blend subject to small final adjustments), it smells of cassis, marjoram, and white pepper. Lush and silkenin texture on the palate, it combines richness with vivacity and freshness of fruit to a remarkable degree, especially for itsappellation. A suggestion of beef juices mingles with juicy black fruits, and the finish offers a long, savory, saline, positivelyinvigorating persistence. I suspect this will outpace its predecessors, offering enormous pleasure for the next 5-7 years."
Country: France Region: South of France Hecht & Bannier
Formed in 2002, Hecht et Bannier produces wines that are reference points for the Roussillon, Languedoc and Provence. Founders Gregory Hecht and François Bannier note: "To conserve the typical Mediterranean strength in our wines while preserving balance and crispness, this is our mantra for all the appellations we produce." This cutting-edge firm is one of the south's most exciting projects in recent memory, and promises to be a formidable player with dramatic impact in the region.
Hecht & Bannier is at the forefront of a revolution in quality in the diverse appellations of Roussillon, Languedoc and Provence. From Côtes du Roussillon Villages to Languedoc Red to Côtes de Provence Rosé, each of Hecht & Bannier's wines is typically based on 5-10 different parcels found to be of exceptional quality. These blends are then vinified and bottled to best represent each appellation in the range.
All Hecht & Bannier crus are aged for two years in large, traditional "Demi Muids" (600L) wood barrels that insure preservation of fruit quality and impart "resistance" to the wines allowing them to age well. A portion of each wine is aged in neutral concrete vats to focus the expression of fruit and appellation.
The Wine Advocate June 30th, 2011, noted: "Gregory Hecht and François Bannier's are living up to the challenge they set themselves, namely to render, as négociants...wines that can stand comparison with those of each respective appellation's top estates."
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.