OFF Sample Image Only
"The 2020 Dry Riesling Reserve comes in with eight grams of residual sugar and 12.7% alcohol and is perceptibly dry. It is a blend of 60% grapes from the Josef Vineyard, 22% from Magdalena and 18% from HJW, meaning that it has every chance to be a great wine, just like the pricier single-vineyard offerings. It is consistently one of the best intersections in the lineup for quality and price. This year it ... read more
"The 2020 Dry Riesling Reserve comes in with eight grams of residual sugar and 12.7% alcohol and is perceptibly dry. It is a blend of 60% grapes from the Josef Vineyard, 22% from Magdalena and 18% from HJW, meaning that it has every chance to be a great wine, just like the pricier single-vineyard offerings. It is consistently one of the best intersections in the lineup for quality and price. This year it is about as good as anything in the lineup, just like last year. Deep and lingering on the finish, it has controlled power, the acidity soaked up by the concentration and countered by the modest sugar. It's delicious but serious, sturdy but lively. It will be interesting to see how this compares with its predecessor, the 2019, as they both age. I suspect the 2019 will win as time goes on, but this is a very respectable competitor today and a pretty terrific wine with some potential upside in the cellar."
"From a blend of estate sites, this dry Riesling offers soothing aromas of peach, apricot, lavender and orchard blossom. It's sultry and creamy on the medium-bodied palate, but well honed by vibrant acidity. A blossomy tone lingers throughout, with a rich core of peach and apple struck against a gently pithy texture. Drink through 2028."
The finest qualities of the estate are expressed in our Reserve Dry Riesling, an exclusive wine spotlighting unique characteristics from all three of our vineyard sites. Small selections of grapes are meticulously chosen from specifically identified lots, which are fermented separately and then blended to create the exquisite balance of juiciness, freshness, and minerality displayed in this specialty bottling. A brilliant, tangy nose heralds a burst of stone fruit and citrus zest on the palate. Fruit and minerality play into a lingering finish that continues to make the mouth water long after the wine is gone.
Food Pairing: Asian cuisine, Chicken, Pork
VARIETAL COMPOSITION:100 Riesling
ESTATE VINEYARDS:40 Josef, 15 HJW, 45 Magdalena
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME:12.5
HARVEST:October 2 - October 24, 2018
VINIFICATION:Cold Fermentation 7+ Months, Estate grown & bottled, No fining or filtering agents, Whole Cluster Press
Since 2007, the winery has been run by Hermann's longtime apprentice Fred Merwarth and the agronomist Oskar Bynke. Fred works to further Hermann's vision by precise and thorough vineyard management and winemaking, while Oskar focuses on winery operations.
The wines of Hermann J. Wiemer are stunning, pure Rieslings that speak of Seneca Lake with more than a little reference to the Mosel. The grapes are grown in three distinct estate vineyards that take advantage of the various microclimates and aspects of the western shore of Seneca Lake. The original 1976 vineyard, HJW, is where the winery resides. The Josef and Magdalena vineyards are about 10 miles north and differ greatly in slope, soil, and vine age. From the Dry Riesling which blends the vineyards together to the single vineyard offerings, Hermann J. Wiemer deserves a place amongst the great wines of not only America but also the world.
- 2020 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.