"Layers of bright, beautifully articulated fruit burst from the 2011 Pinot Noir Bohan Dillon. Nuanced, chiseled and wonderfully alive in the glass, the 2011 is energetic and vibrant throughout. Violets, pine and mint add attractive high toned notes on the finish. I imagine the 2011 will be even better with another year in bottle. The Bohan Dillon is one of my favorite mid-tier California Pinots. Hirsch crafts the Bohan Dillon from estate vineyards ... read more
"Layers of bright, beautifully articulated fruit burst from the 2011 Pinot Noir Bohan Dillon. Nuanced, chiseled and wonderfully alive in the glass, the 2011 is energetic and vibrant throughout. Violets, pine and mint add attractive high toned notes on the finish. I imagine the 2011 will be even better with another year in bottle. The Bohan Dillon is one of my favorite mid-tier California Pinots. Hirsch crafts the Bohan Dillon from estate vineyards plus a portion of fruit from nearby Hellenthal, MacDougall and Nobles. Anticipated maturity: 2014-2021.
David Hirsch provided what is, in my opinion, one of the key insights into the 2011 vintage on the Sonoma Coast. Hirsch commented that 2010 and 2011 were both similar. In 2010, he noted the skies were cloudy for much of the year, while rain just before harvest complicated things. Hirsch describes 2011 as a year with very clear skies, a lot of light and cool temperatures that never exceeded 90 degrees. As for the wines, well, they are gorgeous. I have not tasted all of the 2011 Pinots, but based on the Bohan Dillon, I will not be surprised if they turn out slightly better than the 2010s, which are a bit on the slender side. Still, there can be no question this is one of the premier sites for Pinot in the United States. Ross Cobb blended and bottled the 2009s, while 2010 is the first vintage Cobb made from beginning to end." ~ AG
" The Bohan Dillon Pinot Noir is an affordable world-class wine that brings to your glass the full spectrum of the Hirsch Vineyard and the True Sonoma Coast. Precociously charming and utterly quaffable, this wine is produced using the exact same winemaking methods and with the same attention to detail as with the other Hirsch pinots, thereby ensuring a wine of great quality, purity of fruit, and traditional varietal character.
The 2011 vintage is approximately one third Hirsch fruit, with the balance coming from our neighbors Hellenthal, MacDougal and Nobles. These vineyards are located a stones’ throw from Hirsch within the newly established Fort Ross – Seaview AVA. This is a wine to be enjoyed for all its precocious charm and as a celebration of life.
Explosive and exuberant aromatics, dominated by cherries and pomegranate. Opening to reveal notes of orange peel, clove, baking spices and a hint of vanilla. On the palate, the rich fruit of juicy plums and bing cherries is balanced by energetic acidity and a lithe tannic structure.
Production 1012 cases." ~ Winery notes
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.