While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
Auersthal is just barely beyond Vienna’s northern suburbs, in a dead-still little wine village in the Weinviertel. Hofer belongs to a group called Bio-Ernte which has standards above the EU guidelines. The vineyards lie in a rain-shadow and have to endure hot summers. In fact Hofer plants his Riesling in a fog-pocket as he gets so little rain. The wines are pressed conventionally (no whole-cluster) with skin contact, and all whites are done in stainless steel." ~ Winery notes
• Certified-Organic Estate
• Vineyard area: 15 hectares
• Top sites: Freiberg, Kirchlissen
• Soil types: Sandy loam, with loess-loam and some clay; light soils
There was a time when only a small amount of wine was produced at the farm of Hermann Hofer's parents, but the quality was worthy enough to motivate Hermann to increase production and begin making top-quality wine. Hofer has been making wine since the early 1980s and has been certified organic since 2001 by the group Bio-Ernte, whose standards exceed EU guidelines for organic grape growing.
It is rare to find such high quality wines farmed with such attention and responsibility, especially in the Weinvertel, Austria's largest growing region and home to many commodity-wine producers. In the cellars at Hofer grapes are de-stemmed, macerated for only a short time, and then vinified in stainless steel with the goals of typicity and freshness in mind.
Vineyard area: 20 hectares
Top sites: Freiberg, Kirchlissen
Soil types: Sandy loam, with loess-loam and some clay; light soils
- 2021 — 1L (wine)(available to order)
- 2020 — 1L (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 1L (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 1L (wine)(currently viewing)
- 2016 — 1L (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 1L (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 1L (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 1L (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2012 — 1L (wine)(currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.