Cameron Hosmer's father, a Syracuse textile manufacturer, envisioned growing grapes on the gentle slopes of Cayuga Lake at the family's summer home. His vision took shape when Cameron and Maren started planting grapevines in the late 1970's. Although Cameron's father didn't get to see the full fruition of this dream, the farm has grown to nearly 70 acres of premium wine grapes.
After fifteen years of selling their grapes to others, Cameron and Maren had a vision of making and selling their own wine and founded Hosmer Winery in 1985 on the principle that great wine starts in the vineyard. With a degree in Pomology from Cornell University and a semester at California State University, Fresno (renowned for their world-class programs in viticulture and enology), Cameron had both the background and experience to get started in the budding industry. They opened up their first tasting room in the garage of the Estate home in the summer of 1986.
In 1990, with increased production and growing recognition, the decision was made to renovate a barn across the street and inaugurate a new tasting and retail facility. Our friendly atmosphere and knowledgeable staff introduce thousands of visitors each year to a memorable tasting experience. The tasting and retail facility are located on State Route 89, on the western shore of Cayuga Lake, just 20 miles north of Ithaca.
Hosmer wines include a wide variety of styles made from traditional Vinifera, as well as French-American hybrid varieties. Today, Hosmer produces 20 thousand gallons of wine annually. At this boutique level, we are able to assure the excellence of the entire process, from the basic fruit to the finished wine. He works closely with Winemaker, Julia Hoyle to produce consistent quality wines in the European tradition.
Hosmer wines have been recognized consistently over the years at both regional and international competitions, as well as by highly respected publications including the Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast, Wine & Spirits, USA Today, The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.