While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
In the late 1960s, Jerry began an extensive investigation of California grape growing regions while searching for the ideal location for a vineyard. Raised on a South Dakota farm, his agricultural roots armed him with an innate sense for the intricacies of climate, soil quality and location. His research and instincts led him to the Central Coast, a unique location with one of the longest growing seasons in all of California. Selecting the Arroyo Seco appellation of Monterey County for his first vineyard, Jerry planted his original 280 acres of winegrapes in 1972 and 1973, and unveiled his San Jose winery in 1974.
Borrowing a lesson from the French--that great Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon excel in very different growing conditions--Jerry began planting Cabernet Sauvignon and other red varieties in San Luis Obispo County's little-known Paso Robles region in 1986. With the hands-on devotion of an artisan farmer, Jerry tended to the vines while diligently working toward the creation and development of an adjacent winery and barreling facility, which was completed in 1988.
Today, J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines includes more than 1,300 acres of cool-climate estate vineyards in the Arroyo Seco and Santa Lucia Highlands regions of Monterey County, with an emphasis on Chardonnay, Riesling, Valdiguié and Pinot Noir, over 2,300 acres in Paso Robles dedicated to Cabernet, Merlot, Syrah, Petite Sirah and other red varieties, and 33 acres in Napa Valley, highlighting Cabernet and Sauvignon Blanc. From this rich and diverse palette of sustainably farmed estate fruit, J. Lohr crafts wines showcasing bold, concentrated flavors and a vibrant sense of place. The winery offers four tiers of award-winning wines – J. Lohr Estates, J. Lohr Vineyard Series, J. Lohr Cuvée Series and J. Lohr Gesture, limited-release wines available solely to tasting room visitors, wine club members and online.
J. Lohr benefits from the longevity of its talented management team and the passion of a second generation of the Lohr family--key factors that make J. Lohr one of the few family-owned, estate-focused wineries of its size, and one of the last substantial independents. Though it is operated with the loving care of a boutique winery, J. Lohr welcomes guests at two wine centers, one in San Jose and another in Paso Robles.
Our Mission J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines is dedicated to producing flavorful wines that are the finest examples of quality and flavor from our given appellations. We are committed to honesty, excellence and service, with a respect for our employees, suppliers, customers, and the long-term health of our company and the environment.
Our Vision After four decades of winegrowing and winemaking, we at J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines are building upon a legacy of superior-quality, vineyard-driven wines with a focus on Cabernet, Chardonnay, Merlot and Pinot Noir in Monterey, Paso Robles, and St. Helena. A continual investment in vineyards, state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, barrel programs and artisanal winemaking techniques, and an unwavering dedication to our family of employees and industry relationships, position J. Lohr to prosper and thrive for years to come.
Jerry Lohr Since 1972, Jerry Lohr has pioneered premium winegrowing on California's Central Coast. In doing so, he has made J. Lohr one of America's most renowned wineries, and helped to establish Monterey County and Paso Robles as two of the world's great winegrowing regions. In addition to being a tireless advocate for the Central Coast, Jerry works on behalf of the entire industry. He served as the chair of Wine Institute, and was a co-founder Wine Vision and the National Grape and Wine Initiative. As J. Lohr's founder, Jerry remains actively involved and manages the company's extensive estate vineyard holdings in Paso Robles, Monterey County's Arroyo Seco and Santa Lucia Highlands appellations, and St. Helena in the Napa Valley.
Our People J. Lohr is also guided by the acumen and commitment of a second generation of the Lohr family. CEO and Chairman Steve Lohr is responsible for the overall management and strategic planning of J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines. Cynthia Lohr spearheads corporate and product visibility efforts as vice president of marketing, and Lawrence Lohr advocates for wine appreciation as director of wine education. Together, Steve, Cynthia and Lawrence have joined Jerry to ensure family involvement in the winery (and the involvement of J. Lohr's extended employee family) for generations to come.
Working alongside the Lohr family is one of the most experienced and dedicated teams in the wine industry. This talented team of individuals, many of whom have been with J. Lohr for decades, includes President, COO and Director of Winemaking Jeff Meier, who has been with J. Lohr for more than 30 years, creating wines that are the artistic expression of the family's vision. Rounding out Jeff's skilled winemaking team is Red Winemaker Steve Peck. Together, their collective technical knowledge of winemaking practices and viticulture and fermentation science define a breadth of know-how and passion that is unrivaled in the industry.
Complementing their efforts is Paso Robles Vineyard Manager Steve Carter, who has been with J. Lohr since 1989, and Arroyo Seco Vineyard Manager Agapito Vasquez (1989). This longevity in leadership and expertise ensures the continuity of flavors, wine quality and long-standing industry relationships, which have become hallmarks of J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines.
- 2020 — 750mL (wine)(available to order)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2012 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.