"A blast of sweet red fruit, pomegranate, mint, licorice and sweet spices hits the palate in the 2012 Pinot Noir Cerise, a wine of pure density and power. The 2012 needs another few years to fully come together, but it is impressive. This is a decidedly powerful, intense wine from Knez, with remarkable texture and exceptional overall balance. The 2012 was vinified with 40-75% whole clusters, depending on the specific lot. -- Antonio ... read more
"A blast of sweet red fruit, pomegranate, mint, licorice and sweet spices hits the palate in the 2012 Pinot Noir Cerise, a wine of pure density and power. The 2012 needs another few years to fully come together, but it is impressive. This is a decidedly powerful, intense wine from Knez, with remarkable texture and exceptional overall balance. The 2012 was vinified with 40-75% whole clusters, depending on the specific lot. -- Antonio Galloni"
" Anthony Filiberti, winemaker at Anthill Farms, introduced us to his new project Knez Winery and we were immediately impressed at the quality of these cool climate, high elevation Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from Anderson Valley’s Grand Cru sites Cerise & Demuth. Peter and Heidi Knez purchased Cerise and Demuth vineyards in 2007 and after tasting through several vintages of Anthill’s Demuth and Abbey Harris Vineyard (next door), they were determined to have Anthony Filiberti steward their vineyard and make the wines.
Anthony Filiberti took over as director of Knez Winery in the spring of 2009. His experience draws from periods working with Lynn-Penner Ash and Josh Bergstrom in Oregon from 1997-2003, followed by a stint at Williams-Selyem and his ongoing work with Anthill Farms! He is responsible for every aspect of viticulture and winemaking at Knez. Anthony works closely with Vineyard Manager Ryan McAllister. Together they are farming organically and transitioning to Biodynamic this year. Anthony lives at the winery in Boonville, making it easier to oversee all aspects of the business from vineyard to bottle, and now sales as well. All wines are made in a very similar style to the Anthill Farms. Pick on the earlier side to preserve the freshness and balance, wines for 2009 range from 13.4-14 alcohol, in 2010 the range is 12-13.8% alcohol. 3 week uninoculated fermentations with 30-100% whole cluster, drained by gravity directly to barrel, never wracked until bottling, low sulfur additions.
The Knez family has recently purchased the Demuth Vineyard and farm it biodynamically. The vineyard and the Demuth Vyd wines will be Biodynamic (though not Demeter certified) starting with the 2011 vintage. " ~ Winery notes
- 2012 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.