The story of LEGIT Cabernet Sauvignon began in 2016 when Lia was tasting barrels of the 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon at Tolaini with a colleague from Banville Wine Merchants. They agreed this wine was a LEGIT Cabernet Sauvignon, with a true sense of place and an Italian soul. In wanting to pursue the name LEGIT, only one person came to mind. A person who embodied stylish originality and eternal hipness, an artist referred to ... read more
The story of LEGIT Cabernet Sauvignon began in 2016 when Lia was tasting barrels of the 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon at Tolaini with a colleague from Banville Wine Merchants. They agreed this wine was a LEGIT Cabernet Sauvignon, with a true sense of place and an Italian soul. In wanting to pursue the name LEGIT, only one person came to mind. A person who embodied stylish originality and eternal hipness, an artist referred to as the "Genius of Modern Music" - Thelonious Monk. LEGIT's striking label is an iconic photo from the album cover of one of Monk's most famous live concert recordings, 'Thelonious Monk in Italy' recorded live April 21st, 1961 in Milan by Riverside Records.
After getting in touch with Thelonious Monk's family to secure the rights to the use of the label, an adventure that was born as a business endeavor evolved into collaboration and has ultimately grown into a wonderful friendship between the Monk and Tolaini family.
We are proud to offer this wine as a tribute to the timelessness of Monk's music. Pulitzer Prize winner,
respected composer (his single "Round Midnight" is the most recorded Jazz single to date) AND who
today is still referred to as the epitome of Jazz, Thelonious Monk has and will always set the bar for all things LEGIT!
A philosophy of a musician whose enduring legacy continues to inspire listeners, artists and artisans around the world. Music, the language of soul, universally understood and appreciated in spite of borders and barriers. Indeed its rhythm transcends those things and makes our collective hearts to beat as one. We argue that wine has a similar ability. The grapes each a note in a composition written in a universal language. The author, an artisan improvising with practiced deft, not playing everything, letting some things go by. Little wonder then that when Tuscan vintner and international wine importer Lia Tolaini Banville met the grandchildren of the great Thelonious Monk, she was inspired to a collaboration to honor his memory with a singular wine from her family estate - LEGIT.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.