“From winemaker Andy Erickson, the 2016 Leviathan is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Cabernet Franc and Merlot aged in 25% new French oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, it leaps from the glass with exuberant black cherries, black raspberries and blackcurrants with hints of pencil shavings, black pepper, tobacco and forest floor plus a waft of tapenade. Full, firm and grainy, with gorgeous mid-palate generosity and packed with layers of black fruit and savory ... read more
“From winemaker Andy Erickson, the 2016 Leviathan is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Cabernet Franc and Merlot aged in 25% new French oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, it leaps from the glass with exuberant black cherries, black raspberries and blackcurrants with hints of pencil shavings, black pepper, tobacco and forest floor plus a waft of tapenade. Full, firm and grainy, with gorgeous mid-palate generosity and packed with layers of black fruit and savory sparks, it has a rock-solid frame of ripe, grainy tannins and seamless freshness, finishing long. Approachable now yet structured to cellar, this seriously affordable, serious California blend should age 15-20 years or more.”-RP
“With Leviathan, the goal is simple: to produce one singular red wine each vintage. Drawing on vineyard sources across California, proprietors Annie Favia and Andy Erickson look to create a unique blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Syrah, and Merlot.
“With all of the other projects I work on, for Favia, as well as for my winemaking clients, the focus is always on producing single vineyard, site-specific wines. With Leviathan I have complete latitude to create something unique from many different parts. It is like a brain-teaser, and very fun and exciting. California is rich and diverse in terms of grape-growing regions, and I love working to create something that reflects the best that California has to offer.” - Andy Erickson, Winemaker
Leviathan grew out of our work with the vineyards that are the source of the Favia wines produced by Andy Erickson and Annie Favia. In 2004, after creating the blends for Favia, Andy started playing around with various components from nearly all of their vineyard sources—Cabernet Franc, Syrah, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon. Quickly the concept began to take shape: to create one singular wine per vintage, drawn from all four of these varieties, that would highlight the best of California, and take on a character all its own. Since then, we have slowly expanded our vineyard sources, but remained true to the goal of producing a rich, delicious red blend every year.”-Winery Notes
- 2021 — 1.5L (bottle)(available to order)
- 2021 — 750mL (wine)(available to order)
- 2020 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2019 — 1.5L (bottle)(currently unavialable)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 1.5L (bottle)(currently unavialable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.