- 1 bottle
- $57.94 / ea
The 2018 Pirouette checks in as 68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot, and 10% Petit Verdot aged 22 months in 85% new French oak. Deep purple-hued, it's a young, unevolved yet incredibly promising red with smoking good notes of ripe black and blue fruits as well as tobacco, graphite, and chocolate. Dense, full-bodied, and concentrated on the palate, it needs 3-5 years of bottle age but has the depth, balance, and class to evolve ... read more
The 2018 Pirouette checks in as 68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot, and 10% Petit Verdot aged 22 months in 85% new French oak. Deep purple-hued, it's a young, unevolved yet incredibly promising red with smoking good notes of ripe black and blue fruits as well as tobacco, graphite, and chocolate. Dense, full-bodied, and concentrated on the palate, it needs 3-5 years of bottle age but has the depth, balance, and class to evolve for 15-20 years or more.
Bordeaux Blend ~ 68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot
The 2018 Pirouette is an expressive wine that opens slowly to reveal oak spice and a kaleidoscope of red and black fruit aromas and flavors that become more vivid as the wine develops in the glass. Textured and richly concentrated on the palate, the wine’s voluptuous mouthfeel and refined tannins stretch across a long, satisfying finish. ~winery notes
Cabernet Sauvignon sourced from a collection of Red Mountain’s best vineyards gives Pirouette the structure and textured richness that has come to characterize this acclaimed growing region. Stone Tree Vineyard Merlot, grown on a rocky, south-facing hillside on the Wahluke Slope and managed for low yields, brings concentrated fruit flavors to the wine, notably black cherry. Finally, Dionysus Vineyard’s Petit Verdot enhances the Pirouette’s color and builds layers of intense aromas and flavors in the finished wine.
Philippe Melka and Agustin Huneeus, Sr. teamed to combine the traditions of old-world winemaking, the advancements of new world technology, and small lots from Washington state’s finest vineyards to craft this enticing red blend.
After leaving Ste. Michelle in 2000, Allen's commitment to advancing the Columbia Valley remained undaunted. He spent the next three years developing Long Shadows, a proposition that was as simple as it was complex: recruit a cadre of the finest winemakers in the world; give each vintner access to Washington State's best grapes; and outfit a winery to accommodate a diverse group of winemakers' exacting cellar specifications. With the vision in place, Allen began introducing a dream team of celebrated vintners to the vines and wines of the growing region. The idea quickly sold itself; and from the beginning, the wines have enjoyed critical acclaim that has continued to grow, vintage after vintage. In addition to the wines, Long Shadows collectively has won numerous awards, including recognition as Food & Wine magazine's "Winery of the Year."
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.