"The 2009 Le Dix de Los Vascos originates from a plot of 70-year old vines known as “El Fraile,” inaugurated to commemorate ten years of Domaine Baron de Rothschild’s involvement in Chile. It is a blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Carmenere and 5% Syrah and has an ambitious bouquet of blackberry, macerated dark cherries, cocoa and dried blood. The palate is medium-bodied with furry tannins, a lot of bitter chocolate coating the ... read more
"The 2009 Le Dix de Los Vascos originates from a plot of 70-year old vines known as “El Fraile,” inaugurated to commemorate ten years of Domaine Baron de Rothschild’s involvement in Chile. It is a blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Carmenere and 5% Syrah and has an ambitious bouquet of blackberry, macerated dark cherries, cocoa and dried blood. The palate is medium-bodied with furry tannins, a lot of bitter chocolate coating the dark berry fruit and a rather forceful, tannic finish that is missing some persistency in the mouth, but has the substance to suggest it will mellow and evolve more “gravitas” with time. Drink 2015-2025."`NM
Stephen Tanzer 91
"Full ruby. Deeply pitched aromas of cassis, cherry-vanilla, pipe tobacco and licorice, complemented by a smoky overtone. Lush, penetrating dark fruit flavors are given spine by juicy acidity and pick up spiciness with air. Ripe but lively cabernet, finishing with excellent thrust and lingering tobacco and vanilla notes. I'd have no problem holding this wine for at least another five to seven years."~ST
"The wine shows a very deep red color, almost purple. The nose presents a very nice intensity and reveals fresh and ripe red fruit aromas. It is pure and defined. The long ageing brings notes of oak that are pleasantly integrated to the wine. It is accompanied with light toasted aromas and some spicy notes (a Carmenere feature); both are soft and do not dominate the wine. On the palate, the wine is at first, rather soft and discreet but it rapidly acquires an elegant fullness. The tannins are round and supple at first and become powerful and tight. The wine remains harmonious, balanced and introduces a nice freshness, a typical feature of Cabernet Sauvignon when conditions of ripening are optimum. " ~ Winery notes
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.