OFF Sample Image Only
Outer quote mark Fresh and fruity, with aromas and flavors of lemon, pear, white flowers and stone, showing great tension and an underlying mineral component that gives this energy and length. The lemon theme continues on the lingering aftertaste, along with butter and pastry accents. With nearly 25 acres of estate vines in Burgundys Corton-Charlemagnealmost one-third of the appellationLouis Latour is an important producer of this ... read more
Outer quote mark Fresh and fruity, with aromas and flavors of lemon, pear, white flowers and stone, showing great tension and an underlying mineral component that gives this energy and length. The lemon theme continues on the lingering aftertaste, along with butter and pastry accents. With nearly 25 acres of estate vines in Burgundys Corton-Charlemagnealmost one-third of the appellationLouis Latour is an important producer of this grand cru Chardonnay, with its version being the one Americans are most likely to find in restaurants and at retail shops. The vines average 30 years of age. Harvested by hand, the grapes are pressed and fermented in 100% new French oak barrels. The wine ages eight to 10 months before racking, assembling and bottling. 2018 was a ripe vintage; the timing of the harvest was crucial to strike the right balance. Latours Corton-Charlemagne shows great tension and an underlying mineral component that lends energy and length. (BS) (7/2021)
James Suckling 97
Open and aromatic with honeysuckle flowers, dried apples and mangoes, as well as white peaches and stone. Full-bodied, this grows slowly on the palate with an intense, powerful finish. Lots of cream, cooked apples, lemons and light oak at the very end. Tight and right. (8/2020)
Wine Advocate 90-93
The 2018 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru is showing well, mingling aromas of pear and mandarin with hints of clear honey, white flowers and warm bread. Medium to full-bodied, layered and muscular, it's lively but textural, with a bright spine of acidity and chalky back-end grip.
by WK, 2020.
Despite the heat of the vintage and serious ripeness (14.5% alcohol), this is surprisingly elegant and nuanced. There is a pleasant lemony accent to the ripe tropical flavours coloured with hints of cream, butter, and spice. On the palate, the wine dense but not lacking in freshness. Pleasant now, this will age well. (CC) (3/2021)
Here the beautifully layered nose is at once riper and more complex but also more restrained with its reasonably fresh aromas of apple, spear, spice, herbal tea and soft oak wisps. There is outstanding volume to the equally ripe and powerful flavors that exhibit a lovely underlying tension on the impressively persistent and attractively stony finish where the only nit is hint of warmth -Allen Meadows.
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2011 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2007 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.