While Mcon is known for its fresh, simple whites, recent investment by top Burgundian producers has resulted in more conscientious winemaking. The grapes were hand-picked and immediately pressed. The ... read more
While Mcon is known for its fresh, simple whites, recent investment by top Burgundian producers has resulted in more conscientious winemaking. The grapes were hand-picked and immediately pressed. The juice was settled overnight then transfered to seasoned barriques for fermentation with indigenous yeasts. This wine was matured for 12 months prior to bottling in a combination of neutral French oak and stainless steel.
Mconnais Wedged between the Cte Chalonnaise and Beaujolais, the Mconnais districts 21 mile stretch boasts a geology not dissimilar to the famed Cte de Beaune to its north. Mcons epicenter, Mont de Pouilly, rises gently with alkaline clay covering a stark limestone base, a nirvana for the Chardonnay vines in intermittent plots that laze smugly along the river Sane. The vines are traditionally Guyot (cane) pruned and the best vineyards keep yields below three tons per acre. With favorable south east exposures and agreeable weather, the potential for generous, layered whites offering some of the best value in Burgundy, and possibly the world, is unlimited.
Fast forward to 2011, when a mutual friend innocently suggested that Gavin Speight meet the then stranger, Mark Tarlov, for lunch. It didn't take long for the two to get fired up and interested in working together in Burgundy. Immersed in a religion of Pinot Noir, so to speak, their drive has evolved to make regionally expressive Pinot Noir from the best vine rows around the world.
Driven by a tireless hunt for elusive sites where Pinot Noir shines, Maison L'Envoyé traverses the globe with the intention of presenting the acme of regionality and winemaking styles. With winemaking footprints in Burgundy, Willamette Valley, Central Otago and Tasmania, we champion many unsung growers who have farmed their vineyards for decades and generations, some mere feet away from more illustriously cited neighbors.
- 2020 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.