"The 2016 Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva San Martino Rosso is a formidable wine that opens to a stirring presentation of luscious black fruit, spice, tar and licorice. The wine's density is extra rich and concentrated, but the magical aspect to the classic 2016 vintage is that the wine never appears too heavy or bold. Ultimately, there is a careful sense of measure and balance achieved here, despite the opulence and sheer exuberance of ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
"The 2016 Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva San Martino Rosso is a formidable wine that opens to a stirring presentation of luscious black fruit, spice, tar and licorice. The wine's density is extra rich and concentrated, but the magical aspect to the classic 2016 vintage is that the wine never appears too heavy or bold. Ultimately, there is a careful sense of measure and balance achieved here, despite the opulence and sheer exuberance of the material at hand. This is a bottle I drank and enjoyed immensely. This wine aged in new and neutral French oak for 12 to 18 months:
Jeb Dunnuck 93+
"The 2016 Marina Cvetic Riserva is another beautiful release from this estate. Coming from 100 Montepulciano and aged in new barrels, it reveals a dense purple/plum color as well as unevolved notes of spiced blackberries, scorched earth, smoked herbs, chocolate, and spring flowers. Its rich, medium to full-bodied, and powerful on the palate, with plenty of structure"
Vinous Media 91
"Deep ruby-red. Pure aromas of plum, smoke, oak and sweet spices. Dense, suave and deep, offering rich, concentrated flavors of red cherry and dark plum lifted by a hint of violet. The finish is both luscious and long, and features rising, youthfully peppery, chewy tannins. A truly lovely red wine. Well done."
The innovation that Gianni and his wife, Marina Cvetic, brought to the vineyards and the winery has been rewarded with 29 Tre Bicchieri, the prestigious award of the most renowned wine guide in Italy, and recognition as a groundbreaking and iconic winery in Italy. Above all, Gianni Masciarelli brought attention to the extraordinary region of Abruzzo, where 30 miles separate snow-capped mountains from the sea. The rich, diverse and proud culture is reflected in the wines, which have fantastically singular and seductive characteristics.
The winery headquarters are in San Martino sulla Marrucina, in the province of Chieti, in the house that Gianni took over from his grandfather, and the cellar below where he vinified his first vintages. Though Gianni Masciarelli began with just five acres in Chieti, over the years the estate has grown to nearly 900 acres, though split into over 60 parcels that do not adjoin one another. The Masciarelli approach was to buy only top vineyards, regardless of location in Abruzzo. They are today the only producer in Abruzzo to own land in all 4 provinces of Abruzzo (Chieti, Pescara, Teramo and l'Aquila), and their production of wines is 100% estate.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.