OFF Sample Image Only
The 2015 Taurasi Riserva Radici is elegance personified, captivating with a deeply seductive bouquet that blends black cherries, rose petals and cloves with hints of underbrush, smoky minerals and crushed ashen stone. With each tilt of the glass, it seems to grow in both volume and depth. It unleashes waves of silken textures across the palate, carrying notes of savory cherry sauce, balsam herbs and dark, dark chocolate complicated by earth ... read more
The 2015 Taurasi Riserva Radici is elegance personified, captivating with a deeply seductive bouquet that blends black cherries, rose petals and cloves with hints of underbrush, smoky minerals and crushed ashen stone. With each tilt of the glass, it seems to grow in both volume and depth. It unleashes waves of silken textures across the palate, carrying notes of savory cherry sauce, balsam herbs and dark, dark chocolate complicated by earth tones, as red inner florals amass toward the close. While youthfully structured, the 2015 Riserva is almost impossible to put down, mixing sweet tannins with hints of tobacco and dark fruits that seem to last for up to a minute. Bury this in the cellar and recap the rewards, as this balanced beauty is a long-distance runner. The Riserva is refined for thirty months in a combination of 60% forty-eight-hectoliter casks and 40% used barriques.~E.G.
James Suckling 96
Super-elegant but really tight aglianico here with lightly peppery black fruit, colored with inky and spicy notes. With aeration, you move into the herbal zone, with fresh bay-leaf, chai and light rosemary. The palate is medium-to full-bodied and you feel all the aromas pent-up, ready to burst out. The tension here is palpable and this will need several more years before the firm tannins soften, allowing the wine to open up and flood your palate. Still be patient. Try from 2024.~J.S.
First produced in 1986, Radici Taurasi is sourced from the upper part of the Montemarano vineyard at around 550 metres. A long maceration on the skins is followed by maturation for around 30 months in Slavonian oak barrels and French oak barriques, then a further 40+ months in bottle. More focused, concentrated and intense than Stilema Taurasi 2015, it has a powerful structure for ageing. Bloody and juicy, it reveals concentrated red and black berries on a grippy palate.~J.B.
Located in the town of Altripalda, the Mastroberardino family's holdings are spread across several parts of Irpinia, in areas that have historically proved to be the region's center of great wine production.
Today, Mastroberardino is universally acknowledged to have been the most important guardian of the viticultural and oenological heritage of the Roman age. Under the patronage of the "Presidenza della Repubblica," the winery has been appointed to reintroduce vine growing in the ancient city of Pompeii. The family-based firm has long championed the indigenous varieties of Campania: Aglianico, Falanghina, Fianco, Piedirosso, Greco and Coda di Volpe.
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2012 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2011 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2009 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2007 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2006 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.