" One of the best labels in the wine business is no doubt Michael & David's 2011 Freakshow. It would probably take a half hour with a magnifying glass to study all the wacko freaks and characters on the label. An 18,000-case cuvee of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon that was aged 14 months in French oak, it offers abundant notes of espresso roast, melted chocolate and cassis, which jump from the glass ... read more
" One of the best labels in the wine business is no doubt Michael & David's 2011 Freakshow. It would probably take a half hour with a magnifying glass to study all the wacko freaks and characters on the label. An 18,000-case cuvee of 100% Cabernet Sauvignon that was aged 14 months in French oak, it offers abundant notes of espresso roast, melted chocolate and cassis, which jump from the glass of this deep ruby/purple-hued wine. Although not complex, it is full-bodied, big and juicy, saturating the mouth and staining the teeth. This is a big wine with plenty of color and richness, and no hard edges.
This is a "gold star" winery for consumers looking for values as just about every wine they produce offers abundant flavors as well as inexpensive prices, no doubt partly because they are working from the relatively backwater viticultural area of Lodi." ~ RP
" Known for taking the road less traveled Michael David Winery has always stood apart from the crowd. Whether it be their outlandish brands and packaging or their quirky personalities, Michael and David are definitely on a stage of their own and this wine showcases
just that. The fruit for this brute of a Cab comes from the original “super freak”, Michael Phillips vineyard located only a medicine balls toss away from the winery. Surprisingly nimble and elegant, showing great balance, strength, and poise. This Cabernet has a bouquet of dark cherry and roasted spices. Full bodied and mouth filling with gobs of black currant, blackberry, charred oak, vanilla and cassis. Mild tannins with a mellow, long finish. " ~ Winery Notes
WINE ENTHUSIAST MAGAZINE
Wine Enthusiast's Annual Wine Star Awards Recognize Exceptional Individuals and Companies Across Multiple Categories
Lodi, Calif. – November 11, 2020 – Wine Enthusiast Magazine announced today that Michael David Winery has been named 2020 American Winery of the Year. Each year, Wine Enthusiast Magazine honors the individuals and companies that have made outstanding achievements in the wine and beverage world with the annual Wine Star Awards.
"Michael" and "David" are Michael and David Phillips, brothers whose family has farmed fruits and vegetables in the Lodi region since the 1850s, cultivating wine grapes for nearly a century. Michael and David constitute the 5th generation of grape-growers in the Phillips family, with the 6th generation now joining the family business.
Today Michael David Winery has extended itself to the 6th generation of grape growers in the family, with Kevin Phillips and Melissa Phillips Stroud now joining the family business. The family continues to emphasize the importance of quality wines with unique and eye catching labels.
Farming with future generations in mind, Michael David Winery has adopted some of the most progressive sustainable farming practices in the state. All 750 acres of the family's vineyards are third party certified and the state's first per ton bonus was issued for contracted growers to follow in the family's foot steps. Starting with the 2011 vintage, 100% of the Lodi grown fruit crushed at Michael David winery was certified sustainable.
- 2020 — 750mL (wine) (available to order)
- NV — 4 Pack Cans (187mL) (available to order)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2012 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2011 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2010 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
- 2009 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavalable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.