OFF Sample Image Only
“This is a blend of fruit from four vineyards in Carneros—two in the western reaches, including the Sangiacomo Home Ranch, one in the north and one to the south—all farmed to sustain a healthy yeast population for spontaneous fermentation in barrels. It’s tight and stony with zesty lemon curd flavors, lasting on umami complexities. If you open it now, pour it with an onion, bacon and Gruyère tart; it’s also built for ... read more
“This is a blend of fruit from four vineyards in Carneros—two in the western reaches, including the Sangiacomo Home Ranch, one in the north and one to the south—all farmed to sustain a healthy yeast population for spontaneous fermentation in barrels. It’s tight and stony with zesty lemon curd flavors, lasting on umami complexities. If you open it now, pour it with an onion, bacon and Gruyère tart; it’s also built for the cellar.”-W&S
James Suckling 92
“Aromas of lime, spiced apple, smoke and cedar. It’s medium-to full-bodied with bright acidity, tight layers and a toasty, energetic finish.”-JS
“The 2018 Chardonnay ‘Carneros District’ from Neyers Vineyards is a blend of fruit from the Sangiacomo Home Vineyard, along with grapes from Jim and Del Yamakawa’s vineyard near the northern limit of the Carneros AVA. We also included fruit from Nancy and Sandy Donnell’s El Novillero Vineyard at the AVA’s western limit, and the southern Carneros District vineyard of the Ceja family.”-Winemaker Notes
“In 1999, Bruce and Barbara Neyers purchased and renovated a winery on a thirty-acre parcel in the Sage Canyon area of Napa Valley. Over the next 14 months they built a modern, highly functional winery designed for traditional winemaking practices. They produced their first vintage in this state of the art facility in 2000. In 2002, Wine and Spirits Magazine named Neyers Vineyards the Artisan Winery of the Year.
About 25% of our production is Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grown on Bruce and Barbara’s 50-acre, Conn Valley ranch. They purchase additional grapes from a select group of growers, among them the Sangiacomo family of the Carneros District, Will Nord of Napa, the Rossi Ranch of Sonoma County, Markus Bokisch and the Evangelho family.
Even though Neyers Vineyards sits in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bruce's experience with French wine importer Kermit Lynch has had an undeniable influence on their wines. Many of the French producers Bruce has worked with farm organically, make their wines naturally without use of cultured yeast or laboratory designed malo-lactic starter, and bottle their wines without fining or filtration. Neyers barrels are made in France, to our specifications, from wood that we buy in bulk and air dry for three years, two years longer than normal. All of the grapes are picked by hand, into small bins that hold only one-half ton. They are then laboriously hand sorted and inspected at the winery as winemaker Tadeo Borchardt gently guides the winemaking process along. As Bruce says, “No expense has been spared in our grape growing, winemaking practices, or processing equipment, yet customers repeatedly tell us that our wines represent great value in today's highly competitive wine market.” Bruce Neyers produces his own content for the company blog, “Vintner Tales.”-Winery Notes
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2012 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2011 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2010 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2006 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.