"The 2019 Barolo opens to a lean appearance with a very vibrant Nebbiolo color that shines with dark ruby highlights. There is dried cherry and candied fruit aromas on the bouquet. Those fruit layers cede to light spice, lilac and campfire ash. The beauty in this wine is the extreme balance achieved in this classic vintage. It delivers on all levels: intensity, length and joy. The fruit represents a blend of four MGS ... read more
"The 2019 Barolo opens to a lean appearance with a very vibrant Nebbiolo color that shines with dark ruby highlights. There is dried cherry and candied fruit aromas on the bouquet. Those fruit layers cede to light spice, lilac and campfire ash. The beauty in this wine is the extreme balance achieved in this classic vintage. It delivers on all levels: intensity, length and joy. The fruit represents a blend of four MGS sites: Bricco Chiesa and Capalot in La Morra, Fiasco in Castiglione Falletto and Monvigliero in Verduno. Production is an ample 32,000 bottles. These are the best wines I have tasted from Oddero. I have had my eyes on this winery for decades, honestly, and I still remember the magical understanding I experienced as a young wine novice across from a bottle of aged Barolo made by Oddero on one of my first trips to Piedmont. Many changes have occurred over the years with regards to this brand. But Mariacristina Oddero and her children have forged forward nonetheless, following an ambitious search for the best cru sites and an overhaul at the winery that prizes elegance and weightlessness in her wines. Farming is organic. In addition to these classic wines, there is a new Langhe rosé made with Nebbiolo from Roero and two new vermouths."
James Suckling 93
"Violet, strawberry and raspberry aromas and flavors. Medium-bodied with fine tannins that are chewy and firm. Very typical Barolo structure."
Vinous Media 91
"The 2019 Barolo is a gorgeous wine and also a terrific introduction to this range. Medium in body, with captivating inner perfume, the 2019 is sensual and inviting right out of the gate. Crushed flowers, spice, lavender and rose petal appear later, adding layers of nuance. All the elements are impeccably balanced throughout. What a total delight this is. This is another stellar set of wines from Mariacristina and Isabella Oddero. The 2019s spent about 25 days on the skins, with natural fermentations. Aging was 24-26 months in cask, followed by a period in cement or steel before bottling. These precise, classically built Barolos continue to impress. Moreover, prices remain exceptionally fair."~Antonio Galloni
- 2019 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
- 2018 — 375mL (wine)(available to order)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 375mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 1.5L (bottle)(currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 1.5L (bottle)(currently unavialable)
- 2010 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.