James Suckling 91
As always a fresh and clean white with sliced cooked apples, lemons, some mango and a hint of stone. Medium-bodied, clean and bright. Drink now. ~J.S.
100 Chardonnay. Les Stilles is sourced from vineyards within the communes of Puligny Montrachet and Meursault, with each village representing roughly half of the final blend. Exceptionally healthy grapes gave rise to perfect juices, rich in aroma. A zesty, crispy wine layered with peach, melon and apple flavors. ~Winery notes
Olivier LeflaiveView all from Olivier Leflaive
The Leflaive family has been rooted in Puligny Montrachet since 1717. In 1984 Olivier Leflaive launched his own company Olivier Leflaive Frères with the help of his uncle Vincent and his brother Patrick. He quickly established his own reputation amongst Burgundy's finest.
In 1988 Franck Grux took over as a winemaker and still holds this role today. Over the two past decades he was able to establish a strong, long-term relationships with the best growers and the quality of the wines is outstanding. Olivier Leflaive Frères is known today as a small négociant (a wine buyer and seller) of high quality with a focus on the whites from the famous villages of Puligny, Chassagne and Meursault. Olivier Leflaive is continuously expanding and has acquired several vineyards that allow the Domaine to develop and build up its range of Domaines Wines alongside the négoce business.
In 2010, after several long years, Olivier and Patrick finally received their family legacy in the form of some fabulous terroirs: Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru; Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru; Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles; Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Folatières; and Meursault 1er Cru Blagny Sous le Dos d'Âne. Today, Leflaive owns about 17 hectares of several parcels in these appellations and also in Puligny Montrachet, Chassagne Montrachet, Chassagne Montrachet Premier Cru Les Chaumées, Chassagne Montrachet Premier Cru Les Vergers, Chassagne Montrachet Premier Cru Abbaye de Morgeot and Chassagne Montrachet Clos St Marc.