“The 2022 Alvarinho "Granit" is an unoaked Alvarinho. It is dry and comes in at 12.9% alcohol. Unfortunately, due to shipping problems, I was not able to taste all of the winery's submissions for this report together, but they were still tasted within a couple of weeks of each other. This seems like the best of the group. Opening well on the fruit-forward side, this was pretty delicious on first pour, but it ... read more
“The 2022 Alvarinho "Granit" is an unoaked Alvarinho. It is dry and comes in at 12.9% alcohol. Unfortunately, due to shipping problems, I was not able to taste all of the winery's submissions for this report together, but they were still tasted within a couple of weeks of each other. This seems like the best of the group. Opening well on the fruit-forward side, this was pretty delicious on first pour, but it also shows some structure to go with that nice fruit. It is not the nerviest Granit ever, but it is beautifully done, fresh and focused, with the structure nicely supporting that fruit. I wasn't sure if it had enough energy, but it blossomed when retasted the next day. I loved the juicy finish and its "dance across the tongue" demeanor. This may not be one of those old-school Soalheiros that seems to last forever, but it should still age reasonably, perhaps better than indicated. At the beginning of the drinking window, it drinks great now, but it can still improve a little.”~M.S.
Located in Melgaço (Portugal's northernmost point) it is protected by a range of mountains that create the conditions necessary for the best ripening of Alvarinho grapes. Here, the Alvarinho is special. The land is protected by a set of mountains that create the rain, temperature and hours of sunshine conditions necessary for the best ripening of the grapes. We hope that you also enjoy its vibrant and elegant expression, something that makes us passionate..
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.