Empire Wine & Liquor logo Empire Too Groceries logo
Home » Wine » Red Wine » Red Blends » Quinta Do Vallado Duoro Red 2021
22%
OFF
Quinta Do Vallado Duoro Red 2021Sample Image Only
Quinta Do Vallado Duoro Red 2021
$19.20$14.95
Wine Enthusiast 92
"This ripe and juicy wine is a fine spicy blend. It has acidity and firm tannins that promise aging. The vivid black fruits need some calming. Drink this fine wine from 2025.

Concentrated with intense mature red fruit aromas, hints of violets and esteva (a local Portuguese resinous bush). The wine offers good structure, with matured round tannins and a long, persistent finish.

Approximately 80 % of the grapes come from vines planted in the ... read more
we92
Shelf Location — 107c
Size:750mL (wine)
Alcohol by vol:13.5%
Closure:Cork
Store Item ID:#50762
Location at store:107c
Item Description
Wine Enthusiast 92
"This ripe and juicy wine is a fine spicy blend. It has acidity and firm tannins that promise aging. The vivid black fruits need some calming. Drink this fine wine from 2025.

Concentrated with intense mature red fruit aromas, hints of violets and esteva (a local Portuguese resinous bush). The wine offers good structure, with matured round tannins and a long, persistent finish.

Approximately 80 % of the grapes come from vines planted in the 1990s and 20% from old vines aged between 60 100 years. The grapes were fermented in 10,000 and 5,000 kg stainless steel tanks for a week. All wines were fermented under controlled temperature varying between 73.4 77 F (2325C). 90%ofthewineisagedfor8 months in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 10% is aged in used 225 Litre French Oak Barrels (3rd & 4th year) for 16 months, until final blending.
About Quinta Do Vallado
Quinta do Vallado estate, now in its sixth generation, has been family-owned since 1716 originally owned by the legendary Doña Antonia Adelaide Ferreira. Today the winery is owned by João Ferreria Alvares Ribeiro, Francisco Ferreira and Francisco Olazabal. It is one of the oldest and most famous "Quintas" in the Douro region. Two thirds of the vineyards are planted in terraces with a single row of vines and pruned according to the double cordon system. The old vines, which make up almost 40% of the vineyards are at least 80 years old. A new state-of-the-art winery was built in 1997 and a newly built, ultra-modern hotel was completed in 2012 making Quinta do Vallado a travel destination in the Douro Valley.
Quinta Do Vallado
No questions posted yet about this item.
Be the first to reivew this item!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive early discount offers, latest news, sales and promo information!