My Account
 
San Felice 'Gran Selezione' Il Grigio Chianti Classico 2013
sample imgsample image only

San Felice 'Gran Selezione' Il Grigio Chianti Classico 2013

 
Item Sold Out
While this item isn't currently available:
Wine Advocate 94+
"The San Felice 2013 Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Il Grigio is a delightful wine packed tight with brilliant red fruit intensity and beautiful background notes of pressed violets, licorice, crushed stone, honey and blue flower. It offers everything you should expect of a traditional Chianti Classico. The mouthfeel is silky and streamlined with polished tannins and an impressive sense of elegant length and finesse. This is sublime Sangiovese that is executed with extreme ... read more
Item ID: #23848
Size: 750mL (wine)
Closure: Cork

Other Similar Items

Info

Item Description

Wine Advocate 94+
"The San Felice 2013 Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Il Grigio is a delightful wine packed tight with brilliant red fruit intensity and beautiful background notes of pressed violets, licorice, crushed stone, honey and blue flower. It offers everything you should expect of a traditional Chianti Classico. The mouthfeel is silky and streamlined with polished tannins and an impressive sense of elegant length and finesse. This is sublime Sangiovese that is executed with extreme honesty."
San Felice enters the exciting new world of Chianti Classico Gran Selezione on the right foot. Its new wines from the top of the appellation's quality pyramid are very impressive and could mark a new chapter for this celebrated Tuscan estate. I look forward to tasting future vintages of Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Il Grigio.

"Il Grigio Gran Selezione is the fruit of a painstaking selection of the finest Sangiovese grapes grown in 5 estate growing areas. The three vineyards, Chiesamonti, Colti, and Pianaccio, which yielded 80% of the sangiovese in the blend, were selected for their consistent quality production. The remaining 20% is represented by the extraordinary indigenous varieties recovered in San Felice’s Vitiarium: Abrusco, Pugnitello, Malvasia Nera, Ciliegiolo, and Mazzese, all selected to add additional lustre to the already-noble sangiovese of the Chianti Classico Gran Selezione. The result is an utterly unique blend, unmatchable anywhere in the Chianti Classico zone."~WINERY NOTES

San Felice Vineyard

View all from San Felice Vineyard

Questions

No questions posted yet about this item.

Reviews

Be the first to reivew this item!