" While the TD-9 refers to the tractor that transformed John Shafer's train-riding commuter life to one of vinous adventure, this elegant liquid is far frim mechanical. Aged for 20 months in French oak and at a seemingly high ABV of 15.3%, this is a charming balancing act of Stags Leap-ian quality. Plush tannins are finely grained in this blend of 56$% Merlot 28% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 16% Malbec. Notes of lavender, mocha ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
" While the TD-9 refers to the tractor that transformed John Shafer's train-riding commuter life to one of vinous adventure, this elegant liquid is far frim mechanical. Aged for 20 months in French oak and at a seemingly high ABV of 15.3%, this is a charming balancing act of Stags Leap-ian quality. Plush tannins are finely grained in this blend of 56$% Merlot 28% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 16% Malbec. Notes of lavender, mocha cappuccino, black raspberry, and saddle leather combine with an animal core-savory and dark, The finish is a hint of dark chocolate-covered orange peel."
Wine Spectator 92
"Powerful and finely textured, with concentrated dried cherry, dark currant and roasted plum flavors that are filled with lively minerality. Richly spiced, showing dried herbal notes on the chiseled finish. Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec. Drink now through 2022."
" TD-9 is a proprietary blend that celebrates a bold move. In 1973, in the space of a few months, John Shafer went from riding morning commuter trains in Chicago to teaching himself to drive a TD-9 tractor in our Napa Valley vineyard. He’d never grown grapes or made wine in his life. That spirit of risk-taking and adventure still guides Shafer today and inspired the creation of this new wine.
Vibrant, complex aromas of ripe red and black fruit, lavender, and herbs fill the glass followed by pure, energetic flavors of dried cherry, blackberry, strawberry, licorice, and cocoa all pulled together with wet slate minerality, clean acidity, and the ripe, seamless tannins that are the hallmarks of this vintage.
56% Merlot, 28% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Malbec " ~ Winery notes
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.