"The grapes are literally left to die on the vine and picked much later than the neighbors’ vines. If it wasn’t for The Judge’s deft hand and ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
- view all
"The grapes are literally left to die on the vine and picked much later than the neighbors’ vines. If it wasn’t for The Judge’s deft hand and old, gnarly vines, the grapes would surely succumb to a fateful ending. The soil and roots allow for this to occurs and still maintain a freshness in the wine. The Guilty is a monstrous, intense Shiraz that will fool nobody for Hermitage. That said, it has quickly developed a cult following across the country that even Chave would be jealous of." ~ Winery Notes
Who is this George Shinas character? None other than your standard night court judge by evening and winemaker turned partying rockstar by day/weekend. The honorable George Shinas is truly the international man of mystery especially when partnered with his dynamic duo brethren and de facto winemaker, Stephen Black of Small Gully.
The vines here are gnarly and struggle to stay alive with what seems to be limitless drought and testy soils. George tends to them with the utmost care and love. His wines have developed a bit of a cult following in the US...and by cult, we mean closer to Heaven's Gate and Branch Davidians than Screaming Eagle or Coche-Dury.
His wines are smartly named after varying legalese terms...Guilty (Shiraz), Innocent (Viognier), Verdict (Cabernet Sauvignon), Sweet Justice (Moscato) and his bad ass reserve wine (Executioner). Prisoner it is not...this guy puts the prisoners away!!!
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (available to order)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2012 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2010 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2009 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2008 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2005 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.