OFF Sample Image Only
Ben Riggs, Shoofly’s winemaker, is a South Australian native who knows his stuff and where to get it. His roster ... read more
Ben Riggs, Shoofly’s winemaker, is a South Australian native who knows his stuff and where to get it. His roster of grape growers is one of the most sought after contact lists in the country. A ‘growers’ wine, this Shiraz is sourced from a collection of top South Australian vineyards with robust flavors of dark berry and a lifted savory spiciness from the cooler sites. McLaren Vale’s temperate maritime climate offers rich, ripe fruit characters and great acid balance. Padthaway and Adelaide enjoy a cool and continental climate, perfect for producing spicy fruit.
Australians are an unpretentious mob and shooing flies is about as complicated as it gets when dealing with life’s distractions. ‘Work hard but take time to savor each day’ is the national ethos - an honest approach to life that is reflected in our wines. Our wines are crafted from hand-selected vineyard sites that are rich in character and demonstrate true varietal pedigree. These are wines that show Australia at its best. Shoofly was founded in 2005 and the winemaking team is led by one of Australia’s best – Ben Riggs. As a native of McLaren Vale, he has been crafting some of the region’s finest for more than two decades.
Shoofly was founded in 2003 and our winemaking team is led by one of Australia's best – Ben Riggs. As a native of McLaren Vale, he has been crafting some of the region's finest for more than two decades. His vision is clear: no flabby wines, no raisins and leave the oak for the trees! The team brings decades of winemaking and tasting experience to the table, so they've figured out how to make a wine that will drink well to the last drop. These are fleshy, balanced wines bursting with vibrant, delicious fruit.
The Barossa Valley boasts some of the oldest vines in the world, and the wines show it – Riggs makes wildly concentrated Shiraz and Grenache from here. McLaren Vale's temperate maritime climate offers reds of rich, ripe fruit character and great acid balance. Langhorne Creek, a "cool desert" situated on South Australia's Fleurieu Peninsula, produces soft, fruit-driven wines, with Shiraz, Grenache, Viognier and Verdelho all performing admirably. Seductive Pinot Noir from Yarra Valley, the oldest wine producing region in Victoria, has achieved more with this difficult variety than any other wine region in Australia. And the Adelaide Hills' rolling vineyards, perched high up in the Mount Lofty Ranges, enjoy a cool-climate perfect for zippy Sauvignon Blanc and crisp Chardonnay.
- 2020 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2019 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2014 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.