"Very little intervention is used in making this wine. The fruit is picked according to taste when Stephen feels that its at its optimal ripeness. The fruit is then destemmed and crushed and left to start fermenting which is done without inoculation. The wine is pressed off gently and then goes into barrel where it goes through maloactic fermentation. Is Stephen the originator of 'natural wine?' You be the judge!"
The people of Small Gully bring passion, experience and history to their winery. Robert started in the wine industry in 1981 whist the Zimmermann family has been growing grapes in the Barossa Valley since early last century. Darren and Robert have established superb low yielding Shiraz vineyards, producing super-premium fruit. Small parcels of Grenache, Mourvdre and Cabernet Sauvignon are also carefully selected from other local vineyards for the Small Gully wine range.
Stephen Black began in the wine industry in 1992 after a successful career in the pharmaceutical industry. Stephen worked for well known winery Barossa Valley Estates and in 1993 embarked on the post graduate winemaking course at Roseworthy College and then in 1999 began the creation of the Small Gully brand.
Small Gully produces wines of a distinctive bold and intense style with great expression of fruit character and winemaking technique. The Small Gully wines reflect the attention to detail in the vineyard and the meticulous fruit selection.
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.