OFF Sample Image Only
Today the winery is owned and operated by Dave and Jean Peterson. But the Swedish Hill story actually began with Dave's parents, Dick and Cindy Peterson who began the company in 1969 as a part-time small operation. Dick, a former school Transportation and Buildings and Grounds Supervisor, and Cindy, a former bank Vice President, started the winery while they still held their full-time jobs. Working nights and weekends the first few years with one other part-time employee, their efforts led to continuous success throughout the years leading to today's operations of Swedish Hill producing over 60,000 cases annually.
In 1996, the team expanded when their son, Dave, joined Swedish Hill after spending seven years as a Viticulture Extension Specialist for Cornell University. Dave has a Ph.D in Viticulture from Penn State University and is currently the Chief Executive Officer.
Old Tasting Room
The family team at Swedish Hill continues to grow with Dave's wife, Jean, who joined the team as Director of Operations in 2010 overseeing all of the tasting rooms, marketing, and human resources; their daughter, Amanda Fitzgerald has joined as Finance Manager in 2010; and their son, Kyle, worked in the winery in high school stocking the tasting room, and worked in the tasting room and in the wine cellar throughout college during breaks and in the summer. He currently works for an investment bank in the Washington DC area. Amanda, who has a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from St. John Fisher College and previously worked as an Auditor for Birds Eye Foods in Rochester, NY, has become a vital asset to the winery. With a broad range of experience in agricultural accounting and auditing she assists with cost analysis and all aspects of the business at Swedish Hill
- 1.5L (bottle) size — NV (currently viewing)
- 750mL (wine) size — NV (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.