"The 2010 Gnarly Dudes Shiraz has a deep purple-black color and an intense nose of blackberry preserves, blueberry pie and fruit cake with suggestions of ground cinnamon, cumin seed, fenugreek and mace. Full bodied with a generous amount of ripe, forward berry and spice flavors, the richness is nicely contrasted by crisp acid and a medium to firm level of rounded tannins, finishing long and spicy. Approachable now, it should keep to 2019+. ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
"The 2010 Gnarly Dudes Shiraz has a deep purple-black color and an intense nose of blackberry preserves, blueberry pie and fruit cake with suggestions of ground cinnamon, cumin seed, fenugreek and mace. Full bodied with a generous amount of ripe, forward berry and spice flavors, the richness is nicely contrasted by crisp acid and a medium to firm level of rounded tannins, finishing long and spicy. Approachable now, it should keep to 2019+. " ~ LPB
Wine & Spirits 90
"Mineral tension runs through this wine, yielding plump black fruit agains firm, smoky tannins. It's youthful and spicy, needing a few months in the bottle for the tight structure to relent."
" The color has a black core with magenta rim. On the nose, rich berries, plums, lavender and dark chocolate coupled with spice, subtle earth, char/ash and anise. This wine is from a near perfect vintage and very evocative of Barossa Shiraz. Dark fruit bursts onto the palate. The vibrant acid carries the juicy plummy fruit and bitter chocolate seamlessly through the palate and continues to roll on and on balanced by firm, but fine tannins.
This wine is from probably our best vintage to date and will need a few months to settle down, but will age over the medium to long term and will drink well for at least the next decade if cellared well." ~ Winery notes
Two Hands' first vintage was in 2000, after a modest $30k investment and starting with just 17 tonnes of fruit. The journey had started.
Michael's wine contacts in the US and UK helped launch the brand and favourable critical reaction put Two Hands in the spotlight soon after. The early success helped Two Hands gradually increase production and venture out to launch the full Garden Series with the 2003 vintage, something truly unique in Australia. Gnarly Dudes joined its stablemate Angels' Share in the Picture Series, and the portfolio was starting to take shape. Later that year, Michael was driving down a dusty track in the Western Ranges of the Barossa Valley and first saw the run down uninhabited cottage next to the Marananga Creek that was to become the home of Two Hands – Kraehe House. Michael's vision was to reflect the Barossa heritage with the sandstone frontage and verandah, but create something modern and luxurious on the inside: the Cellar Door and Bakehouse opened in December 2003 just in time for Christmas and turned local hospitality on its head – anyone could walk in and taste Flagship Shiraz Ares, no matter where they were from or if they had money to spend.
- 2020 — 750mL (wine)(available to order)
- 2018 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2016 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2015 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2012 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2011 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2010 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
- 2009 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
- 2006 — 750mL (wine)(currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.