"The regular red 2022 Garnacha was produced with grapes from the whole region—Corella, Cintruénigo, Fitero and now also Lerga—from their earliest harvest ever under very warm weather, and it fermented with 20% full clusters and was bottled early and unoaked. It has contained ripeness, 13.41% alcohol, berry fruit, hints of licorice and a touch of honey and beeswax. It is primary and has a medium body and a juicy mouthfeel with good ... read more
"The regular red 2022 Garnacha was produced with grapes from the whole region—Corella, Cintruénigo, Fitero and now also Lerga—from their earliest harvest ever under very warm weather, and it fermented with 20% full clusters and was bottled early and unoaked. It has contained ripeness, 13.41% alcohol, berry fruit, hints of licorice and a touch of honey and beeswax. It is primary and has a medium body and a juicy mouthfeel with good grip and tension, more serious than the nose points at, with some chalkiness and without any heaviness or heat. Purity. This is fresher than anticipated after the torrid 2022 summer. 146,600 bottles produced. It was bottled in February 2023." ~ LG
"Viña Zorzal Wines is one of the most dynamic projects in Navarra. They are leading the creation of GAHNA, the association for the "Historical Garnacha Navarra" (Garnacha Histórica de Navarra!) to fight for the historical heritage, the value of their vineyards and the wines made from them. They are also getting involved in the appellation of origin to fight from within. They keep releasing new wines and collaborate with many others, with their yearly Lecciones de Vuelo and hosting people like Matías Michelini and the Niepoort family. They now work 73.5 hectares of vineyards in different locations, the newest of them in the village of Lerga, a cooler location, where they have found five hectares of Garnacha planted between 1900 and 1964. They work mostly with Garnacha but also with Graciano, Mazuela/Cariñena, Garnacha Blanca and Macabeo, and they are even experimenting with Garzuela, the cross between Garnacha and Mazuela. Every year, they introduce small improvements and fine-tuning in the viticulture and oenology, like cooling the grapes in a refrigerated truck to work with cool grapes and to give them time to process the grapes when they want, as sometimes you have to pick faster than you can process. Average production is 330,000 bottles. 2021 is their finest vintage to date, a very good year and the accumulated experience with their wines, slow-ripening grapes and their advances in viticulture and winemaking. For them, 2020 was lighter and fresh, a little more reductive and with good yields, a year in line with 2016 and 2018, but I found the wines from 2020 to have a more Mediterranean character. 2022 was very warm, but the wines are fresher than expected and the old dry-farmed vines behaved quite well." ~ LG
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.