James Suckling 93
"What a stunning nose... On the medium-bodied palate there's also wonderful fruit, but the herbal freshness is stunning and it flips effortlessly into pronounced wet-stone minerality. Vibrant and long finish. From the best sites, mostly with red slate soil. Fermented in large neutral oak and matured on the lees until June after the harvest. Vegan. Sustainable. Drink or hold. Screw cap. 93." ... read more
James Suckling 93
"What a stunning nose... On the medium-bodied palate there's also wonderful fruit, but the herbal freshness is stunning and it flips effortlessly into pronounced wet-stone minerality. Vibrant and long finish. From the best sites, mostly with red slate soil. Fermented in large neutral oak and matured on the lees until June after the harvest. Vegan. Sustainable. Drink or hold. Screw cap. 93." James Suckling
The Wohlmuths have been cultivating wine in Kitzeck-Sausal for over 200 years. Now, as then, the solid slate formations in the soil are pounded by hammer to plant each new vine. For generations, some of the earliest mentioned single vineyards in Austria have been owned by the Wohlmuth family. This is exemplified best by the Edelschuh vineyard, first mentioned in documentation in 1322. Preserving centuries-old single sites and re-cultivating other faded vineyards means accepting incredible trials and challenges.
The vineyards lie at an altitude of 400 to 600 meters above sea level and with a slope of up to 90 percent, they are among the steepest vineyards in Europe. Up to 1,200 hours of work go into each hectare of these extreme vineyards every year. Labor-intensive hand cultivation is thus inherently at the heart of the estate's work, from pruning to the entire foilage work to the selective hand harvest. These single vineyards and the Kitzeck-Sausal appellation itself produces wines characterized by the tension between warmth (Illyrian climate, ripe grapes) and coolness (Alpine influence, poor slate soils, high altitude).
- 2021 — 750mL (wine)(currently viewing)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.