"This is a winery that pioneered a new generation of exciting wines in Armenia, rescuing a forgotten grape and ancient winemaking traditions through ageing in Armenia's heritage of clay jars called Karas. From a stunning vineyard at 1,400m surrounded by snow-capped mountains and consulted by Alberto Antonini, this is a fine, elegant wine with notes of violet and wild bilberry on the nose followed by juicy loganberry and supported by vibrant acidity and graceful ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
- view all
"This is a winery that pioneered a new generation of exciting wines in Armenia, rescuing a forgotten grape and ancient winemaking traditions through ageing in Armenia's heritage of clay jars called Karas. From a stunning vineyard at 1,400m surrounded by snow-capped mountains and consulted by Alberto Antonini, this is a fine, elegant wine with notes of violet and wild bilberry on the nose followed by juicy loganberry and supported by vibrant acidity and graceful tannins."
100% ungrafted Areni Noir, an indigenous variety with a completely unique DNA, which has been present in Armenia for millennia the king of Armenias grapes
Native yeast fermentation in concrete vat
Aged for 12 months in concrete, followed by a further 6 months in bottle
A wonderful journey into the world of wine began many years ago when Zorik Gharibian visited Armenia for the very first time. He remained powerfully impressed by the beauty and spirit of his ancestral homeland. Armenia captivated him and he instantly realized that he would return to set roots there.
As Zorik began to spend time in his native territory, exploring its treasures, traveling among its people and uncovering the countrys secrets and traditions, he came to realize that Armenia had a deep-rooted wine culture which seemed to have all but disappeared after years of Soviet rule.
Zorik changed his mind about buying a vineyard in Tuscany in favor of returning to his ancestral roots in Armenia. He decided to restore traditional vinicultural values and create truly profound wines which would speak of this magical place. It took a dream, time, motivation and determination to make it all come together, and after almost ten years of intense work the winery produced its first ever vintage.
With boundless enthusiasm and unshakable faith, Zorik continues to step beyond the dream and take the adventure further. His powerful vision, of creating unique wines with a deep rooted sense of place, has become an integral part of the wineries philosophy and with each new chapter of its story Zorah wishes to expose Armenias potential in creating wines which rival the best in the world.
- 2020 — 750mL (wine) (available to order)
- 2017 — 750mL (wine) (currently viewing)
- 2013 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
- 2012 — 750mL (wine) (currently unavialable)
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.