" The 2012 Eggo Tinto is produced with 90% Malbec with some Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon thrown into the mix. As with all the Zorzal reds, it fermented and aged in egg-shaped cement vats for one year and half of the wine was in contact with the skins for eight months. It is a ripe and concentrated version of the Terroir Unico, with a strong note of violets and a hint of ... read more
While this item is not available, here are a few that are!
" The 2012 Eggo Tinto is produced with 90% Malbec with some Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon thrown into the mix. As with all the Zorzal reds, it fermented and aged in egg-shaped cement vats for one year and half of the wine was in contact with the skins for eight months. It is a ripe and concentrated version of the Terroir Unico, with a strong note of violets and a hint of damsons. The palate has power and restraint, depth and freshness, and a silky texture with sweet tannins and a chalky sensation that is probably amplified by the cement. This is a unique, groundbreaking Malbec blend. At this quality level the price is also superb. Bravo! Drink 2014-2020." Luis Gutierrez
" This hand harvested, single vineyard wine from Gualtallary is a blend of 92% Malbec, 6% Cabernet Franc, and 2% Cabernet Sauvignon. This unique wine is completely fermented and aged in a large concrete egg and sees no oak. It is a dense, dark purple color with rich fruit flavors of blueberry and boysenberry, lilac and wet rain bounce on the nose, and has a strong mineral undertone of crushed wet rock and chalk. Eggo is the perfect combination of a chalky, terroir driven wine, with vibrant fruit and a long smooth finish. " ~ Winery notes
Zorzal tends to pick it's grapes a little earlier than most in Mendoza to retain freshness and acidity in their wines instead of the overblown ripeness that is too often seen. They are already considered to be a rising star in Argentina with their focused wines and enticing expression of multiple varieties above and beyond their stunning Malbecs. They also make a series of wines called EGGO, consisting of Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Sauvignon Blanc, and Pinot Noir completely fermented and aged in large concrete eggs. The EGGO wines are more limited in production.
Farming Practice:Practicing Organic
Do you agree?
When shopping for grocery items, we want to make sure you know that Empire Wine & Spirits, LLC dba Empire Wine & Liquor and Empire Edibles, LLC (dba Empire Too) are separate businesses.
Wine & Liquor are sold through Empire Wine & Liquor and Grocery items and Beer are sold through Empire Too.
In order to accept a transaction containing items from both businesses, there will be a separate charge originating from each respective business.
One delivery will be made and only charge a single delivery fee. Final rates will be calculated in the shopping cart. Gift cards sold by Empire Wine & Liquor CAN NOT be used on items sold by Empire Too.
Each coupon only applies to the above specified qualifying item.
How to redeem the coupon:
- Add the coupon to your shopping cart by clicking the apply coupon checkbox. Each coupon is only valid for a limited time or while stocks last. Once you have applied a coupon, the date by which you must redeem it (the "Expiry Date") will be displayed on the coupon. You will usually have until 11:59pm on the expiration date to redeem the coupon. Quantities are limited and collected coupon may expire before the expiration date.
- Add a Qualifying Item to your shopping cart by clicking the "Add to Cart" button.
- When you're done shopping, click the "Proceed to Checkout" button and place your order for the Qualifying Item.
- The coupon discount will be automatically applied at checkout, reducing the price of the Qualifying Item accordingly. If the discount has been applied successfully, it will appear on the final Checkout page.
Terms and Conditions:
- Empire Wine & Liquor, LLC reserves the right to modify or cancel any coupon at any time.
- Each coupon may only be used at www.empirewine.com for the purchase of Qualifying Items.
- Each coupon collected can only be used once. Customers may be able to collect some coupons more than once, however, customers may not collect and use a coupon more than 10 times and may not use more than one of the same coupon in a single order.If you return any Qualifying Item(s) purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value will be subtracted from the refund you receive.
- Offers valid in each case while stocks last.
- Coupons have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- Coupons must not be used in conjunction with any other promotional discounts.