Daou Vineyards

Brothers Georges Daou and Daniel Daou set forth across California to find an unrivaled terroir for producing Cabernet Sauvignon, a quest that led them to a place of foretold greatness: DAOU Mountain in the Adelaida District of Paso Robles. Here, their vision is to make California "first growth" wine, fulfilling the district's destiny as the world's next benchmark for Bordeaux varieties.

DAOU is ultimately built upon unbreakable family bonds from brother to brother, generation to generation, Old World to New World. These bonds now extend to those who lend their hands to this land, and who partake in what it produces.

Read More

Daou Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
92  Robert Parker 
Robert Parker 92 “Tasted from barrel, the 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon is very promising, revealing a youthfully primary bouquet of currants and plums that's already integrated its new oak. On the palate, it's full-bodied, richly structured and generous, with a sun-kissed core of fruit and a dry,
Item Number: 31059
Case: $239.40

Daou Vineyards 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauv 2016
93  Jeb Dunnuck 
Wine Advocate 93 “A barrel sample composed of 78% Cabernet Sauvignon with 12% Petit Verdot and 10% Merlot, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve displays notes of crème de cassis, pure plums, beef drippings, iron ore and dried herbs with touches of pencil lead and cedar. The fruit on the
Item Number: 30812
Case: $281.70

Daou Vineyards 'Pessimist' Red Blend 2016
91  Wine Enthusiast 
Wine Adovocate 92 "The deep garnet-purple colored 2016 Pessimist delivers a gregarious nose of ripe black cherries, blackberries and blueberries plus notions of Chinese five spice, mocha and raspberries. Full-bodied, voluptuous, soft and plush, it packs in the fruit cake and exotic spices,
Item Number: 26272
Case: $251.40

Daou Vineyards 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauv 2015
91  Wine Advocate 
Wine Advocate 91 “This wine is a blend of around 80% Cabernet Sauvignon with Petit Verdot, Merlot and Cabernet Franc making up the other 20%. Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve offers ripe cassis, blackberry preserves, dried herbs, incense and dusty earth notions with a

Daou Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
94  Robert Parker 
Robert Parker 92-94 “Tasted from barrel, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate reveals notes of cassis, blackberries, licorice and pencil shavings. On the palate, it's full-bodied, ample and powerful, amply endowed with fine structuring tannins and concluding with a long, dry finish. After the

Daou Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
93  Wine Enthusiast 
Wine Enthusiast 93 "The Daou brothers have become increasingly known for their rich, unctuous and lavish high-end wines, but this bottling offers a taste of that opulence for just $30. Plump blueberry and soft, cedar-like spice scents show on the nose, while the palate bursts with black cherry,

Daou Vineyards 'Reserve' Cabernet Sauv 2013
92  Wine Advocate 
Wine Advocate 92 "The 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (100% Cabernet Sauvignon) is deep, nicely concentrated and full-bodied, with beautiful freshness and focus in its cassis, black currants, damp earth and chocolate aromas and flavors. It's currently more tight and reserved than the straight

Daou Vineyards 'Pessimist' Red Blend 2015
92  Wine Advocate 
Wine Advocate 90-92 "In a pursuit to create delicious wine inspired by varieties that flourish in Paso Robles, The Pessimist is a blend of Syrah, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel and Tannat. Sourced and crafted by the DAOU Vineyards winemaking team, this wine demonstrates classic old world style with the

Daou Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
93  Wine Advocate 
Wine Advocate 93 "I think even a step up over the killer 2013, the 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon is loaded with notions of black raspberry, cassis, spice and licorice. More textured, voluptuous, layered and concentrated than all of the previous vintages, it will have an easy 10-15 years of longevity."~JD

Daou Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
92  Wine Advocate 
Wine Advocate 92 "I think the 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon will be even better, and it has more depth and texture, with gorgeous blackcurrants, violets, licorice and smoked earth all emerging from the glass. The texture here is really something, and this should be a smoking value. Made from 88% Cabernet

Daou Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
90  Wine Advocate 
Wine Advocate 90 "Starting with their straight Cabernet Release, the 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon is an outstanding blend of 78% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Franc and 6% Petit Verdot. It has classic blackcurrant, tobacco leaf and earthy qualities in its full-bodied profile, and it stays

Daou Cabernet Sauvignon 2011
91  Wine & Spirits 
Wine Spectator 91 "Nicely oaky but well done, showing lots of creamy mocha-espresso flavors woven among the dark berry, cedar and spice notes, with a full-bodied, saturated finish. Drink now through 2022. 5,500 cases made."~JL  Wine & Spirits 91 "The cool 2011 growing season contributed a