Duorum

The name Duorum, which is Latin for "from two," captures the spirit of this famed Portuguese winery, which was founded in 2007 by João Portugal Ramos and José Soares Franco, two of Portugal's most renowned oenologists. Ramos, widely considered the "King of the Alentejo," began his career as a groundbreaking wine consultant in the 1980s, and today runs successful projects in the Alentejo, Vinho Verde, Beiras, and Douro. Franco, on the other hand, spent 27 years as wine director for one of Portugal's most renowned wines: the Douro's Barca Velha. Longtime friends and admirers of each other's work, they sought to pool their combined 60 years of winemaking experience and create a wine together. Today, Duorum is widely recognized as a gold standard for Portuguese wines.

Read More


Duorum Colheita 2014
"This has a delicate core of violet, plum and red berry flavors that are broad yet well-defined. Medium-grained tannins gain power midpalate, with mineral and shiso leaf notes on the taut finish. D
Item Number: 24930
Bottle:$14.95
Case: $179.40
BTL

Tons de Duorum White 2017
(3)
88  Wine Enthusiast 
Wine Enthusiast 88This white blend seems to contain nearly every white grape planted in the Douro. It's the terroir talking here, with a strong minerality, a tight texture and crisp lemon and quince flavors. Drink this structured wine from late 2018-2020.
Item Number: 20867
Bottle:$9.95
Case: $119.40
BTL

Duorum Colheita 2013
91  Wine Spectator 
Wine Spectator 91"This has a delicate core of violet, plum and red berry flavors that are broad yet well-defined. Medium-grained tannins gain power midpalate, with mineral and shiso leaf notes on the taut finish. Drink now through 2020."

Tons de Duorum White 2013
Intense tropical and citrus fruit aromas, intertwined with floral and mineral notes. Tropical and citrus flavours with a mineral streak on the beautifully refreshing palate. Well-structured with a long finish.Made from 30% Viosinho, 30% Rabigato, 20% Verdelho, and 20% Arinto grapes

Duorum Reserva 'Old Vines' 2008
92  Wine Advocate 
Wine Advocate 92 "The 2008 RESERVA "OLD VINES" is a blend of 70% Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz and Sousao, the remaining 30% a field blend. Rather sweet up front due to the youthful exuberance and the new oak, this nonetheless is very fine. It does need a little time to settle down