Quinta Do Vallado


Quinta do Vallado Reserva 'Field Blend' 2012
91  Wine Spectator 
Wine Spectator 91"Concentrated blueberry and blackberry flavors are supported by fresh acidity and firm tannins. The Asian spice notes are intense, lingering into the powerful, mineral-laden finish. Drink now through 2019." 3,600 cases made.

Quinta Do Vallado Duoro Red 2013
88  Wine Advocate 
Wine Advocate 88 "The 2013 Tinto is a blend of Touriga Franca (25%), Touriga Nacional (25%), Tinta Roriz (25%), Sousão (5%) and an Old Vines field blend (20%). Approximately 70% of the juice was held in stainless-steel tanks with the remaining 30% in well-used 225-liter barriques 16 months. It

Quinta do Vallado Reserva 'Field Blend' 2011
(1)
96  Wine Spectator 
Wine Spectator 96 "Sinewy yet refined, with impressive power behind the firm, crisp flavors of dark plum, olive and boysenberry, matched to notes of tarragon. Presents focused minerality midpalate, offering a long, vibrant finish of dried wild herb and slate. Best from 2015 through 2022. 500 cases

Quinta Do Vallado Duoro Red 2011
89  Wine Spectator 
Wine Spectator 89 "A firm, fresh and balanced red, with muscular red plum, berry and currant flavors, supported by a sturdy structure. The minerally finish reveals hints of flint. Drink now through 2016. 17,500 cases made." –KM  Wine Advocate 88 "The 2011 Tinto is principally a -big three- blend

Quinta Do Vallado Duoro Red 2009
90  Wine Spectator 
Wine Spectator 90 "Essence of blackberry and raspberry, with interesting accents of sage and tarragon. Offers understated power, with a fresh acidity that keeps it all lively. Finishes with mineral and black olive. Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional and Souso. Drink now

Quinta Do Vallado Touriga National 2009
95  Wine Spectator 
Wine Spectator 95 WS TOP 100 2012 Rank 13 "Very polished and ripe, with intense mocha and spice aromas and powerful flavors of blackberry, French roast  coffee and black olive. The long finish is filled with effusive dark chocolate and Asian spice notes, with hints of  toast and cream. Drink now

Quinta Do Vallado 'Douro Red' 2008
89  Robert Parker 
Robert Parker 89 "The 2008 TINTO is a Douro blend, 30% Touriga Franca, 25% Touriga Nacional, 20% Tinta Roriz, 5% Sousao, and the remaining 20% an old vines field blend (70+ years). This is often one of the Douros nice bargains when Vallado hits a good vintage. Aged in a mixture of French oak (20%

Quinta do Vallado Reserva 'Field Blend' 2007
96  Wine Spectator 
Wine Spectator 96 WS TOP 100 2010 Rank 22 "Rich, powerful and finely crafted, with layers of concentrated red plum, currant, blueberry and kirsch flavors. Silky tannins knit it seamlessly together. The elegant and refined finish is filled with mineral, smoke and spice. Drink now through 2016." 

Quinta do Vallado Douro Reserva 2003
94  Wine Spectator 
 Wine Spectator 94 "Seductive and refined, with a beautiful aroma of Asian spice, cassis and chocolate with flavors to match. Broad and lush, with plenty of structure and a caressing finish of cream, black truffle and mocha that goes on and on. Tempting now. Best from 2006 through 2010. 2,000 cases